We are still on vacation and having a great time with our families. First we visited mine and then yesterday we met up with Ollie's parents in North Georgia and spent the night in a hotel and today we are going to a rustic cabin in NC. Ollie tells me that it is not heated, that's what the fireplace is for. I'm hoping he is wrong. Has anyone watched the weather? I have and it's supposed to be crazy cold. This should be interesting but I'm up for an adventure...
We had dinner at the famous "Dillard House" last night and it was amazing. Great southern cooking and lots of it. They serve you family style and just bring dish after dish of food and put it on your table. My favorite was the cabbage casserole and the green beans. After dinner we got to spend some time with an old friend and her family that I haven't seen in a few years I think. It was fun catching up and the kids had a ball playing. After our dinner and visit we came back to the hotel and swam and then rang in the New Year with Ryan Seacrest. What in the world was up with J Lo's outfit??? That was completely awful!! I enjoyed all the dancing though--I guess that's back in style. The girls even stayed up until midnight. We toasted with champagne (not the girls) and then it was off to bed. I am up too early but we've got a busy day ahead of us. I'm not sure what we are doing but I think I heard something about a 4 mile hike. It's always an adventure traveling with my husband.
My mind is never far from Melanie and her family. I'm happy for her and wondering what heaven is like and what it was like for her to go there. Can she peep down and see us all now? Silly thoughts I know but I can't help but wonder. I am hurting for her family and praying for them a lot. A new year, a new beginning, without her...
Well, I better wrap this up. I need to get dressed and go have some breakfast. Happy 2010!
3 comments:
I just talked to mom and she said she had fun with you and your family last night.
Glad all is going well. I wil be praying for your 4 mile feet! Have fun...stay warm!
Sounds like a great time! I miss Amy so much. My mind is always on Melanie's family too. I am deeply saddened by it for the children. They are constantly in my prayers. It has put things into a deeper perspective for me. Have a safe drive home and oh...stay warm too!
Post a Comment