I recently combined a couple of soup recipes and came up with a REALLY good soup. I've served to a number of people and everyone raves about it and wants the recipe and I say, sure, I'll get it to you. Problem is...I made it up and so I don't really have an exact recipe. I am going to attempt to come up with one though so here goes. Just remember that this soup is very forgiving so exact amounts are unnecessary.
2 small or 1 large onion, chopped
1 head of broccoli, chopped (I discard the stems, actually I feed them to my bunnies)
4 to 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
4 med potatoes (not the baking kind but the ones in the bag)
butter
spinach
rice (optional)
cooking sherry
chicken broth (I prefer "Better Than Bouillon")
Melt the butter and add the onions and saute until soft. Then add the carrots and potatoes and toss in the butter and saute for a few more minutes. Add the broccoli and fill with enough water to cover the vegetables. Keep track of how many cups you use and add one bouillon cube per cup or you can just use chicken broth instead of water. Add about 3 Tbsp. of cooking sherry. Bring to a boil and then turn it down to simmer for about 20 minutes until veggies are pretty soft. Use a blender or hand blender to puree the soup. Then add a few handfuls of spinach and if you have some leftover rice that is good as well.
That's it!
4 comments:
sounds yummy! Really...usually I don't like your weird food. :)
I am wondering if my kids don't like the texture of puree. They didn't like the chicken curry or carrot soup. They loved the tortellini so maybe it is a texture thing?
This sounds yummy, I will try it and see if it is a go..
hahaha...the weird food comment made me laugh! I've often thought Tiffany doesn't seem like the type of person that would like weird food, but she does...hahaha
I've tasted this soup and I can say it was beyond delicious, if there is such a thing. It was REALLY good.
Post a Comment