In other news...I am going back on The Maker's Diet starting probably Monday. I need to do some shopping and meal planning before I jump in. It's a great diet but the first two weeks are pretty hard because it's a cleansing period and your choices of foods to eat are pretty slim. It's a 40 day diet and I may not go the whole 40 days but I'm determined to use at least 3 or 4 weeks of this diet to get me back to making better choices and also hopefully jumpstart some weight loss. Once I start losing weight it's easier to keep it going. Last time I went on this diet I dropped weight like crazy at the beginning and in total over the course of 4 or 5 months I lost 25 pounds and felt great. I want that again. I'm upping my time at the gym and sort of enjoying it. I've got lots of books on my nightstand to read. Right now I'm reading Pretty in Plaid by Jennifer Lancaster. She's really funny, it's not fiction, more biography. She's the author of Such a Pretty Fat that I read last year. My next read is going to be The Heavens Before by Kacy Barnett-Gramckow. It is a christian fiction book set at the time of the Great Flood. I've actually read the first chapter or so and am already into it. It's the first in a series and I already have the second one--He Who Lifts The Skies. I know there's a third one as well but can't remember the name. Also on my nightstand is Milk Glass Moon by Adriana Trigiani, this is the third in the series that starts with Big Stone Gap. They are simple, slice of life books and I've really enjoyed the first two. And, lastly, The Widow's Season. This was recommended on a blog I read and is sort of a ghost story. With the kids we are starting a few books this week--A Childhood of Famous American's biography of Walt Disney, The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare, and The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis. I'm not sure that I'll have all of them going at once but I may read one in the morning and one in the evening. I'm looking forward to getting back into school, I'll be blogging a lot of our school journey this spring as I process what is working and what isn't.
Okay, time to go figure out dinner....Peace out my friends. :o)
3 comments:
It sounds like y'all had a great time! Oh, by the way, the third book is A Crown in the Stars. glad you finish that puzzle.. i saw you eyeing it last week! wish i could have tasted your lemon bars! hugs!
Must. Have. That. Puzzle.
great puzzle! I wanted to do puzzles as a family and my mom bought us a few great one but I seem to be the only one into it! I started a Times Square one but never quite finished-I want to get back into it!
Post a Comment