Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break in Pictures...

Our guests left this morning, we were sad to see them go, it was truly a great week. We had a great time each and every day and managed to balance lots of fun, good food, and a little chillaxin'. I love having people come visit this time of year. The weather is almost perfect and there is so much to do! I am reminded again of what a great place we found to live. We didn't even get to do all that we wanted to do and even better--almost everything we did was completely cheap or free. You can't beat that with a stick. Here are some random pictures from the week that don't really fit into a category all their own. Last night Joe and Melody traced and colored for a very long time (see pic above). Eventually Samantha joined the fun and made a beautiful picture of Bubble Princesses.
Before the coloring fun started, Hannah was doing "college" with Joe. He was all into learning division and doing some spelling and then he made his own reading assignment. I'll need to find his paper and take a picture of it. He assigned himself a reading time of 20 minutes and he set a timer and started reading. After his time was up he copied one sentence from his book. I wish he could get that excited about homeschooling. Speaking of homeschooling...I have a post coming up all about that. I am making some pretty big changes in how homeschooling will look around here. There are many reasons for this change but Joe is the main one. I have to learn how to make learning valuable to him and less stressful for me. :0) Stay tuned...
We managed to all fit around our table for every meal. This night we were having pasta--one with red sauce and meat on the side and the other with alfredo and spinach (my kids' favorite).
Above, Joe is demonstrating some moves from The Bendable Bunch, yoga book for kids. I know the man who wrote it and a friend is the illustrator. Below, Gracie is reading a familiar favorite to Samantha. If you've never read these Diary of a...Fly, Spider, and Worm Doreen Cronin then you should definitely get them from your library. They are cute, funny, and informational.

The day we went to the beach we also went out for a seafood lunch at Norwood's. Joe and Ollie wrote back and forth on this Magna Doodle for a while. Ollie asked him what his favorite vegetable was and Joe said corn. Then Ollie asked how he liked his corn cooked and Joe's answer was below. I had made corn the night before and he loved it. FYI--it was boiled in the microwave and then drained and butter was added and a dash of salt.


The pictures above and below is from a park day.

Above, the kids intro the girls to Bug Bingo. And, below...Lisa shows off her box of hair color. We attempted to dye her hair red and were mildly successful. You can definitely see the red if she's standing in the sun. :0)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like it was a wonderful spring break. I look forward to your h/schooling post!

Lisa Patterson said...

WOw, I look so much like the girl on the box...except my hair looks purple. LOL!

Lisa Patterson said...

We had such a great time with you and your family, dear Tiffers! Thank you so much!!