Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Dream Come True

Tonight I was in my room reading after dinner.  I needed some quiet time after a very busy day.  Hannah came in and asked if she could read with me and I said sure.  About 15 minutes into this--us both laying on the bed reading--I realized that this has been a dream of mine.  I am an avid reader and always have a book going, sometimes more than one.  I desperately want my kids to be avid readers too.  I wouldn't call Hannah an avid reader but she has found a series of books that she is really into and has now read 8 of them.  Laying (or lying I don't know which is the proper grammatical word) on the bed with her both of us immersed in our books was wonderful!!!  I am so thankful that she can read--that was my biggest homeschooling fear was teaching my kids how to read.  I am also thankful that she enjoys reading.  She also enjoys many other things so she doesn't haver her nose in a book as much as I would like but I am happy that she can get into a good book!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

YEA!! I'm still hoping for this too - it's coming!

amy w. said...

hey, what is the book series? inquiring minds want to know. i am thrilled for you. i know you've wanted that!

Tiffany said...

The book series is Katie Kazoo Switcheroo. They are chapter books but not super long.