Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Family Bike Ride

Ollie bought me an early birthday present this week--a new bike! You can see it in the picture below. I absolutely love it. It's one of those cruiser bikes with the big seat for my big butt and big handlebars that I just love. So, in honor of my new bike we went on a bike ride today to the lake. It's hard to believe this beautiful lake and boardwalk are within walking/bike riding distance of my house and we only go a few times a year. Today there was a storm rolling in so it wasn't too hot and the sky was really beautiful.
We even saw an alligator. He was watching the night heron thinking about lunch.


There was a big beehive in this birdhouse. A local man pointed it out to us, I wish we could have seen inside. We're not that crazy to try that though.
In case you think this bike ride was so perfect--this picture shows what Joe did pretty much the whole time. He is a huge worrier and was a nervous wreck the whole time. It started when we said we were going to ride over to Liberty (the name of a street close by) and he thought we were going to New York. The poor kid, he couldn't have fun for worrying about everything. Maybe if we do this more often he will get used to it and relax. Ollie said he did relax some on the ride home. The girls and I had gone ahead so we weren't with them. Once he knew he was on the way home he had a little bit of fun.

6 comments:

ann marie said...

Oh, as bad as I feel for your little worrier that picture is too cute. He'll get used to it. We love family rides and my son Anthony used to be the same way. He used training wheels up until 3 months ago (and he's 7 and a half!). I figured as long as it kept him quiet and happy he could use them. He's very tall for his age so he looked sort of funny but who cares. I love your new bike. I had one like that way back when we lived in Vermont...much nicer on the behind!

Lisa said...

I love your RED bike! I want a bright red or a bright pink one...with a basket! Poor Joe...that's a really cute picture though. :)

crispy said...

I love your bike...total classic.

I have some letter boxes planted in that park. I need to get over there and check them out.

Julie said...

I love the picture of Joe! Poor guy!

5Gustos said...

Family "fun" sometimes has it's moments, alright. It does look like beautiful scenery there. That's one thing we miss, the family bike rides. We can't do it anymore though. The kids want a cement driveway in the worst way!

Randi Sue said...

Poor Joe thought you were riding to New York. I's cry too! Funny!

Neat bike!