Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Prince Caspian
Remember how I said that we were going to have an at home day yesterday? Yeah, well, that didn't happen. We did stay home most of the day though but decided to go to the movie to see "Prince Caspian." We were blessed with free movie tickets (Thanks Jane!) and the kids were dying to see "Prince Caspian." We had recently listened to it on CD and see the poster at Disney all the time. I had heard mixed reviews about it but mostly that it was pretty scary and intense. I decided to risk it and just warned the kids that if there was something scary to just cover their eyes. We all LOVED the movie. It was a little scary at times but nothing too bad. At one point I heard Joe tell Hannah, "I'll cover my ears but you get my eyes." Too cute. We didn't eat lunch and had planned to get popcorn. Do you know how much popcorn is at the movie??? Almost $5 and that was the SMALL. So, my kids had candy that we bought at Target for lunch. Grace had Reese's Pieces and Joe and Hannah had Nerds. Delicious and nutritious. I made up for it though with a totally yummy and healthy dinner. I now have a new, awesome fish dish. I'll post the recipe one of these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Reese's Pieces and Nerds--aren't they part of the Food Triangle? You've got protein (in the peanut butter) and fruits (in the fruit flavoring of the Nerds). :) Wyatt has seen it two times now as both grandfathers wanted to take him. And he loves it!
Some of us saw the movie and loved it. I was surprised to learn that Prince Caspian was British and not Italian!
AS for you lunch, nothing wrong with that! It's not like you are feeding your precious ones candy and junk food 24/7.
Your Joe is precious. Amazing how children say the funniest things.
We saw Prince Caspian when we were in Tucson. We only bought drinks at the movie. I was shocked at how much a matinee cost for the three of us. I'm glad we didn't go at night. We loved the movie. Junebug has a lot of questions about the love interest between Susan and Prince Caspian. And I was worried about the violence....
Post a Comment