Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Got Bit...

...by the sewing bug tonight. I bought this Wizard of Oz fabric on ebay.. The girls are working on a quilt with their sewing group and I thought a Wizard of Oz block might be a fun way to remember this summer. Well, I had the fabric laid out on the floor and boom--I just had to make Gracie this shirt. I was already tired from a busy day of running around but managed to whip this out with Grace's help. Before you think I'm some amazing seamstress--I have to say this is the EASIEST pattern ever! I think it took me about an hour or so to make this and that was with a 7 year old's help (not so helpful) and a few goofs. I think it turned out so cute. In case you can't see it very well, the main fabric is Dorothy in Munchkinland and the strip at the bottom is the Wicked Witch adn then the strap is yellow brick road fabric. Grace wanted the yellow brick road fabric on the bottom but I talked her into the wicked witch--this fabric I bought came in all sizes and this witch strip was really not wide enough to do much else with.


While I was making the shirt, Hannah played with the fabric I bought for Grace's costume and made herself an Emerald City girl.

5 comments:

Julie said...

About Graces's shirt, Madi says, "That's awesome...I want one!"

Emily said...

The shirt is very cute! I wish I could do that! I remember playing with my mother's old collection of fabric when I was little. Hannah's creation is much prettier than anything I ever came up with.

crispy said...

Girl...you just don't know how to relax. You are one busy lady.

5Gustos said...

Too cool! I need a lesson, please. I need to graduate to some "wearable" home-sewn items. So far, only quilts have been manufactured by my hands. (Oh, I forgot about a few crafty things, many years ago!) Did you see that the quilt store out your way is going out of business? Good sale. She had a bit of Wizard of Oz fabric too. Different than yours.

Randi Sue said...

Neat!