That's how I feel today. I have a few reasons to be in a funk but I can almost guarantee we can all guess why I'm in a funk. It'll probably be obvious in a day or so (girl stuff). Aside from those nasty hormones though-- I have been blessed/cursed with an overdose of empathy for others. When I know someone is hurting I hurt with them. Right now I know some people who are hurting, they've lost someone very special to them. He is walking streets of gold and that is a comfort but I ache for his wife and kids. How lost they must feel. God has His hand upon them though and I know He will comfort them and carry them through this. I also have a couple of others on my heart and I am praying for them regularly. So, that partially accounts for how I'm feeling. I have little to no motivation to do what I need to be doing. Remember those last few projects and then I'd be done with school??? Haven't started them. No motivation to start them. I figure I have until June 28, that's the homeschool exhibition. I may need that long. At least we have finished our main academics for the year.
I am choosing to focus on the positive today. When I feel frustrated/overwhelmed/stressed about my house and how badly it is in need of a good cleaning--I decide to feel thankful that I have a house to be cleaned. A lady came to my door yesterday asking for work because she was homeless and needed $13 more dollars to pay for one more night in a hotel before she can go to the women's shelter. That really put me in a funk. When I don't want to deal with cooking dinner I can be thankful that I have dinner to cook. My cabinets are overflowing and I wish I had more space but I can be thankful that I have so much food that I need more space. That's my thankful list for now. The girls are home and duty calls!
5 comments:
Perspective. That is the key. I always remind myself to have perspective. It could be worse. It could be harder. I am blessed.
I'm sorry to hear about your friends and their loss. It's okay to be in a funk sometimes. I think we were meant to experience many moods. There is a difference between feeling sorry for yourself and feeling sorrow for others. You are feeling the right thing for people you care about. We all get into a funk sometimes. Just today I was crying in my car for no apparent reason. Must be something in the air, but it passed and now I am feeling better. I guess those low points help us to appreciate the good stuff. Thank God you have the abilty to feel for others. So many people do not. Okay, lecture over!
Good perspective.
I'm sorry you are down. I will pray for you.
I think that woman approached me in the Publix parking lot about a week ago. Was she staying at the E.com Hotel?? She gave me the same story. We'll have to compare stories.
On another note, I'm sorry to hear that you are down. I can relate--I think we're praying about some of the same things. Stay strong and remember my kitchen counter on any given day. It will make your house on its messiest day look spotless!
Post a Comment