Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bloggin'

I love blogging, and I love reading blogs, and I love commenting on blogs.  Unfortunately, I haven't had time for much of any of that this week.  Sorry for not commenting much on ya'll's blogs this week, there hasn't been time for commenting and reading.  I am reading though.  I always make time for that. :0)

I have to skip Souper Saturday for today, maybe tomorrow.  I will have to go through my recipes for my next soup post and I don't feel like doing it right now.  The kids and I share a computer and they've been on it most of the day and are waiting for it as we speak.  So, I'm just trying to get a quick post up and then I have to go do stuff.  Lots of stuff around here to do.  You know all those little things--put away laundry, empty trash, dishes, pay bills, clip fingernails, etc.  

Ollie and I finished the Nancy Drew game we've been working on the last week.  That's really why I haven't had much computer time.  We've spent about 10 hours on that game at least, probably more.  We were up until midnight and then finished it today around noon.  The kids have already started the next one, "The Creature of Kapu Cave."  I think I need a Nancy Drew break myself but they are having fun.  They can only do so much on their own before Ollie and I step in and get totally obsessed and leave them completely out of it.  We are all about family time around here.  

I read a great book this week--thank you Amy!  It was  "Nights of Rain and Stars," by Maeve Binchy.  I loved it!  That's really why I haven't had much computer time (did I already say that?).  It makes me want to read more of her book.  She writes a great clean story--at least the ones I've read have been clean.

We had a great thorough school week--I love that!   I am hoping for another good week next week before we hit the road for a few weeks.  I have a great lapbook that we will be putting together next week.  We may have to start tomorrow.  My kids just love when I start school for the week on Sunday afternoon. :0)  I won't call it school.  I'll call it craft time or something.  Bribe them with chocolate and hot tea or popcorn or something they love.  

I'll leave you with a Joe funny.  Last night I was talking to him, well, he was talking to me and he told me that his main talent was playing on the computer.  I said that I thought he had a talent for singing too to which he replied, "yeah, that too."  Then he says, "ya know, screaming is a talent."  I said, "well, I hope you don't have that talent."  He says, "I don't but if Dad gets mad at me for something I didn't do or if you yell at me anymore I might get that talent."  These things never come across as funny when you have to type them out.  You really need to see the expressions and hear him say it but you'll just have to imagine.

3 comments:

Ingle Nook said...

I think the fact that nail clipping is still on your list is too funny. I also think that Joe deal is hysterical! Did you laugh in his face?

ps - someone's facebook status just said...putting on a dress! lol

Cheryl said...

I like those regular type postings but can never seem to keep up with them... I'll get started and there's always something that gets it off schedule and then I feel guilty! that's why I haven't started that simple woman you guys do even though I love to read yours!!

ann marie said...

Joe is funny. He is one cute kid.
I try to comment on any blog I read and it does get too time consuming, so sometimes I don't do it and then I feel really bad for some sick reason. Maybe I'll only comment one day a week. When you started this post I thought you were about to say that you really liked blogging BUT you were going to stop because you didn't have time, so I'm gald you didn't say that. I think I just figured out why it takes so long for me to comment. I say too much. Bye, have a good Sunday. The popcorn and chocolate thing sounds like a good idea!