Monday, January 12, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook


A Simple Woman's Daybook for today, January 12, 2009

Outside my window...it's cool and overcast.

I am thinking...how irritated I am that the crock pot oatmeal that I made for this morning is not going over well with anyone but me.  I made it a few months ago and everyone loved it.  Now I have a huge pot of oatmeal and no one wants it.  If they get hungry enough they will eat it.

I am thankful for...a relatively calm week ahead of us to focus on school.

From the learning rooms...we are going to put together the South America lapbook this week, finish reading the biography of Rachel Saint, and hopefully get everything done everyday.  

From the kitchen...I have been in a cooking mood so tonight I'm making Ollie's favorite--Saag Paneer.  Saag Paneer is an indian dish with spinach and fried cottage cheese cubes.  Not cottage cheese like we know it...I had to make the cottage cheese.  It's super easy.  You boil half and half, add lemon juice and pour it through cheesecloth.  I am also making one of my new favorites--Butter Chicken and Basmati rice.  Last night I made the Tortellini Vegetable soup and biscuits from my last post.  I didn't have zucchini so I threw in some spinach and it was just as good.  

I am wearing...pjs.

I am creating...a lapbook

I am going...maybe to the doctor this week???  I'm finally going to try to see why I have so much pain in my fingers and toes.  Probably arthritis, ugh!

I am reading...Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (I think that's what it is called) it's a book about women in China a long time ago when they did the foot binding.  I'm not far into it but she's already described the foot binding process and the goal.  They want four of the toes (not the big toe) to bend back and meet the heel.  This requires bones to be broken and binding the foot.  A perfect foot should be as long as a thumb.  This is really what they used to do...horrible.  Who in the world started this?

I am hoping...for a doctor's appt. and some answers and some good news.  Not too much to ask is it?

I am hearing...Joe muttering behind me.  He's freaked out about something and won't leave my side.  He's already had two fits this morning so we are on our way to a happy day...

Around the house...for some reason, I thought it would be okay to get on the computer and just do my daybook.  Not the best choice.  I should have stuck to staying off the computer until much later when I have the kids engaged in something.  Live and learn, live and learn.

One of my favorite things...a rainy day, the kind of day where you wake up to rain and go to bed to rain and sleep to rain.  Doesn't happen much in Florida.

A few plans for the rest of the week...tutoring, schooling, cleaning, preparing to leave town next week, and most importantly--I get to go see my friend Leslie at Disney.  She's visiting here from Kansas.  She and I went to college at UNM together--we were chocolate coffee buddies.  I can't wait!

A picture thought I'm sharing...see the top of my post for this.  I can't move my pictures around when I'm in Opera and Internet Explorer is not cooperating.  The picture is of my nephew, Brayden.

To participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Thanks for sharing your Daybook. I hope that you get some answers at from the doctor. :)

Paula said...

Tonights dinner sounds wonderful Have a good day

Lori said...

The oatmeal thing happens to me all the time. I'll make something the kids love one time and the next they'll want nothing to do with it. But you're right, if they're hungry they will eat. Hope you get some answers from the doctor!

Veronica said...

I like this "simple woman's daybook" - I think I may give it a try.

oneblessedmamma said...

I told you the foot binding thing was amazing to read about. Can you imagine actually DOING that to your child? Can you imagine anyone thinking that was attractive, or even desirable? Things (and books)like that always make me glad I know the one True God. I loved that book though for the glimpses it offered into that life and time.