Saturday, January 24, 2009
We Made It!
It's past midnight here in Chicago and we arrived in town about an hour and a half ago. I should be going to bed but I figured my blog would be the most efficient way to let friends and family know that we arrived safely. I don't want to be on the phone all morning. :0) We had a VERY long day--up at 3:30 am and on the road by 4:45 or so--5:30 officially after a quick trip to Wal-mart. We got to see a beautiful sunrise and snow covered mountains as we left VA and headed into West VA. We drove through Ohio and got to see sweet Bella and her mommy in Cincinnati Children's Hospital and deliver a basket of goodies that included a Chick-fil-a chicken sandwich for mom. We drove through Indiana and didn't see much of anything since the sun had set. We arrived in Chicago and there was tons of snow on the ground. Kids started piling out of the van with no coats on and in their bare feet--they hoofed it into the house pretty fast. The kids were amazing today--it was a long day and they behaved beautifully. Pictures to come tomorrow, for now it's bed o'clock!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you made it safe! How is Bella and her family? I have been thinking of them!
Glad you are safe.
Yeah! I am so happy that you guys made it safely. So glad you guys got to stop in and see Bella...I'm sure Elizabeth was thankful for some familiar faces from home. Can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment