
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
A Playdate
We had a playdate with the Smith's and Lydi--we did a Valentine craft out of the Family Fun magazine. I've been getting the magazine for years and this is maybe the second thing I've ever done. I wasn't totally prepped so it took a while but it was fun. What did we make you ask? A Valentine Ipod out of a box of conversation hearts and reese's cups. The kids also made postcards to send home to dad. After our crafting they all went outside and stayed very busy out there for a long while. Jacob built a snow cave and the girls built a snow tunnel. They all had a great time. Then it was in for popcorn and hot chocolate and a game of Whoonu. We matched up non readers with the readers and it went quite well. We found out that Hannah S. hates hotdogs and that Levi loves tree houses. That game is so fun! Before we knew it Granny Marcia was there to pick them up and take them out for Chicago style pizza. We had a great time and Marissa and Shelly had a much needed break. Here are some pics...


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














9 comments:
Ok, since you already know that I am an absolute crack-head for paint, could you please ask what color is in the living room in the 2nd pic down. It looks blue, and their is only a sliver of that room in the photo...
I am glad you all are having fun. Maddy has learned how to divide fractions, and her times tables up to 15...'
Just kidding, but we are working on it, so don't come home yet! Kirsten had her baby!! You are needed home to set up meals.. I was like, Marissa and Tiff usually do this, who is going to do it???? and then Amy A said, me...me...me..., so no worries meals will be set up!
Fun! I like the ipods and the snow looks so fun!
You all are having a wonderful time! I'm so glad that you get to be there! How is Kerri? Is that baby ready to come yet???
Looks like they had a good time both inside and out! I've never made a craft from Family Fun either and I've been getting it for what seems like forever! Every month I look through it and think that I will but I don't!!!
What fun!! Yall are making wonderful memories.The kids will remember this as a really FUN vacation. I know the Chicago family is really enjoying being with all of yall and your friends,
Love to all,
Mom
Looks like you're having so much fun!!
I left an award for you on my blog-go check it out!
by the way-love your new template! The purple is gorgeous!
thanks Figgy for a great day for the kiddos and yes, a much needed break for Shelly & I. It made a wolrd of difference with our recoveries!!! It was nice to know they were having a great time and I am glad you got some good pictures.
Keri is still prego and I am not thinking she has really even "dropped" yet but we are pulling out the big dogs tonight so hopefully it will help things along (acupressure & red raspberry leaf tea).
Anyway, miss you other folks! Thanks Amy for carrying the torch on the meals front for Kirsten.
wow!! these are great pictures!!
Post a Comment