On the way to Hersheypark we went right through Lancaster County, PA. We stopped for "lunch," at a roadside stand. Lunch was whoopie pies, black raspberries, strawberries, cinnamon raisin bread, and Kombucha tea. The inside of our tent looks different every night but here's a pic of this night. I, being the aching matriarch of the family, get the air mattress. We arrived at our campground in Hershey and quickly made camp and cooked up some leftover canneloni--soooo good!! Hannah set the table and it was time to eat. Then it was on to Hersheypark. Before you go in you have to see what size you are so that it is easy to tell which rides you can go on. Joe was a Hershey's and the girls were Twizzlers. The kids wore their bathing suit tops because we had heard that there were a lot of water rides, they should have worn their whole bathing suits because in addition to lots of roller coasters there is also a waterpark. They went on everything anyway and got totally soaked. Didn't slow them down though. It was a good day that lasted well into the night. We didn't leave the park until 10 pm when they closed. We had heavy rain overnight and woke up to everything wet....more on that in the next post.
Haven't been to Amish country in many years (my mom and I used to go every year before Tucker was born0it was our Mother's Day time) but I always had to buy Whoopie pies!
1 comment:
Haven't been to Amish country in many years (my mom and I used to go every year before Tucker was born0it was our Mother's Day time) but I always had to buy Whoopie pies!
Post a Comment