Hello~ I'm writing from farm country, New Joisey. Ollie's aunt and uncle live on a little herb farm here and it's just beautiful. So peaceful and a little slice of heaven. I'll have pics to upload eventually and you'll be able to see what I mean.
We've had a great trip so far, we left Friday afternoon after a week of preparing to leave and a day spent packing and packing and all that needs to be done to go out of town. I was a stressball for days until we finally got on the road. We camped at Anastasia State Park and the kids got to swim in the ocean the next morning while Ollie loaded the car (a herculean feat--we are jam packed in!!). We had a very long driving day on Saturday--about 9 and a half hours but finally made it to our campsite at Medoc Mountain State Park. Medoc Mountain was nothing more than a small hill and I think Joe was disappointed but we had a beautiful campsite and went on a couple of short hikes. We had a shorter day in the car yesterday as we zoomed (and slowed through traffic and zoomed and slowed) to New Jersey. We drove past Washington, DC and Joe was thrilled b/c he saw the Pentagon from the window of the car. He thinks it's a World Wonder (one of his new obsessions) and is so happy now to be able to say that he's seen a World Wonder. We spent a peaceful evening here just visiting, playing badminton, eating, loving on some sweet kitties, and watching chickens.
I can't wait to post pics but it may be a few days yet...
Peace out peeps!!
1 comment:
Glad for a little update!
Post a Comment