Sarcastic Computer, a Little Green Thing, and Some Parkour
My computer has been tirelessly copying items from the old broken down hard drive on to the new hard drive since last night. It is ridiculously slow but it just keeps chugging away. I only have to wait another 2153 days and 1 hour for it to be done (notice the time remaining). Do you think my computer is being sarcastic??? Here is a perfect example of my poor housekeeping skills. Notice the little green thing behind the chair, you can see it close up below. This little green thing has been behind the chair for a good month or two or three. It goes to our Christmas tree stand. It's previous home was on the top shelf of the bookcase. I set it up there Christmas of 2009 when we put the tree away and it stayed there until Christmas 2010 and then I set it right back there when we put the tree away this year. Somehow it ended up behind the chair. You can be sure though come Christmas I will know exactly where to find the little green thing. I think this is a better strategy than putting it somewhere out of sight. I would likely forget where I had put it. We made an impromptu trip to the park tonight because Joe wanted to try some Parkour. If you are unfamiliar with Parkour go on Youtube and search for it. It's basically people who run and as they encounter obstacles they run over them and up them and jump off here and there and do flips and all sorts of crazy things. They can even run up walls. It's great fun to watch. Our little friend Landon and his mommy joined us and he was being so cute. I tried to get a picture but they were all blurry. He was so fast and wasn't stopping to have his picture taken. Joe has been doing some indoor Parkour around the house lately. He'll set up chairs, stools, etc. in such a way that he can zoom around a room without ever touching the floor. He climbs door frames, windowsills, whatever he needs to do. And I let him. I know I shouldn't but he's a boy and he's got lots of energy and besides, he's pretty good at it. So, tonight after watching a Parkour video (thanks Lisa!) he wanted to go to the park and try some real Parkour. He discovered that it is a lot harder than it looks but he had fun. I couldn't get this picture to save my life--I posted the blurry ones anyway. He was running up the tree and trying to jump onto the playset next to him. He never quite made it to the playset but got close. It was a nice evening for the park, there was a cool breeze and it wasn't too buggy.
I ALMOST spit my mouth full of water out right on my laptop when I saw the new "time remaining". I asked the hubs if he had any wisdom...he's not being very encouraging ;-(.
3 comments:
I ALMOST spit my mouth full of water out right on my laptop when I saw the new "time remaining". I asked the hubs if he had any wisdom...he's not being very encouraging ;-(.
WOW!! How many years is that?
And, I'm not letting my boy see the Parkour videos because he would do it, do it well, and a trip to the grocery store would never be the same.
I'm thinking Tucker would be wanting to try Parkour too! The computer thing is CRAZY!
Post a Comment