We donned our rain gear--well, the kids donned their rain gear, Ollie and I don't have rain gear---and we headed out to tour Boston in the rain. We opted not to pay for any tours and so Ollie was our tour guide on the Freedom Trail. We saw this guy as we made our way out of the Boston Common and I had to get the kids pictures taken with him since my nephew is a huge Red Sox fan. A few minutes later a man came over and asked if they could use the kids in their photo shoot. They were taking promo pictures of Wally (the Red Sox mascot) on the Freedom Trail. So, we let them use our kids in their photo shoot so I am thinking that the kids are going to be famous. The girls and Ollie went to the Granary Burial ground where all sorts of famous people are buried. Joe is freaked out by graveyards so he and I waited outside the gates and eventually got some hot chocolate from Dunkin'. All of the Puritan graves before 1800 have this symbol on them--kind a freaky... I am having fun making the kids do these goofy ninja moves all over the place.
2 comments:
love the braids and hat on Grace in the first picture. It looks like Boston buildings offer some great Parkour opportunities...
we went to Boston when Tucker was younger-yet another place I want to get back too and would love to do the Freedom Trail!
Post a Comment