
Well, this might just be my WORST decorating decision yet but it's staying. I jokingly say that our house is decorated in "early childhood education." I am no good at decorating, I somehow missed that gene. My mom is good at decorating and so is my sister but I'm terrible at it and therefore just do whatever I want and don't worry too much about how it looks to the average person. My thinking is that even if I tried to do it wonderful and classy I would still fail. Anyway, today we were home
all day for the first time in about a month. Seriously. We have had somewhere to go every day for at least the last 4 weeks, until today. It's amazing what a whole day with no commitments and no errands can do for your soul. I felt so relaxed and almost celebratory. Our day home also coincided with the first cool (relatively) day of the fall season. I started my day with a homemade version of a pumpkin spice latte. I have a little stove top espresso maker and I put in a scoop of decaf, then about a 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice, and then a scoop of caff and put it on the stove to brew. I have to say that it was a wonderful cup of coffee and what a joy to drink it hot without breaking a sweat!! We had our usual Bible time and then took a short bike ride around the neighborhood before starting our academics. It was a mostly fun bike ride but a little stressful at times. Joe is riding a two wheeler now and that can be an ordeal. We came home, did a full day of school and then did some fall art and some fall decorating. Later I had a short nap and then when Ollie came home we went on another bike ride to a park and then practiced baseball for a bit before riding home so I could make dinner. It has been a wonderful day! Anyway, back to my lack of decorating skills...the kids made lots of fall pictures and initially I had wanted them to make large, wonderful pictures that I could frame and hang in place of the art already up on the wall in the living room. Well, they didn't make large, wonderful pictures they made lots of small wonderful pictures and I wasn't sure what the best way to display them would be. When they were painting outside I was hanging their pictures on the clothesline and had an inspiration. So, I hung a piece of yarn and made a "clothesline" in the living room on the main wall. Even though it is pretty tacky I like it and am looking forward to changing out the pictures as the holidays change throughout the next three months. We also decorated the top of the piano and added a fall tablecloth and our main living area has been transformed.


We also harvested some fruits growing in our yard...persimmons, calimondons (sp?), jaboticabas, and avocadoes. I am most excited about the persimmons, that is truly one of my favorite fruits.





6 comments:
Oh THANKS for visiting my blog.. you know, it's a bit depressing.. since I quit blogging... my commentors left.
I am SO EXCITED that you read and commented.
B.T.W. I TOO am the decorating challenged in my family. My MOM, my SISTER... always have cute ideas. So here is what I do -- I give them the "themes" of my rooms and ask for decorations for my rooms. LOL I've got cute things now -- after 10 years of doing this. None of them that I bought. :giggle:
I love it, I think it looks great! In our old house we used to have a line like that in our playroom when we first moved in...a long time ago around when I first met you.
Your decorating looks very cute and cheery.
You sound so happy and relaxed , - I hope you get a few more days where you don't have to be anywhere. And I am not implying that you don't always sound relaxed and happy.
This weather is great,isn't it. I took Maggie to the park yesterday and didn't even break a sweat.
You just inspired me. I need to get my art things out.
Homeschool cool baby!
Great fall pictures and I love the idea of hanging them in the house! Makes me think Tucker and I are overdo for some crafts and I do love the fall....
Post a Comment