Monday, September 7, 2009

Worn Out!

Wow--this day off seriously wore me out. I am in the "industrious" few days of my month and I have been seriously busy, busy, busy!! I did decide to do some school today--about half a day's worth and tomorrow we'll do the other half instead of cooking. I also did laundry and cleaned up and unpacked. Then--I went looking for sports shirts so that we could go and have a free Chick-fil-a sandwich for lunch. Since we are not big sports fans I could only come up with two sports shirts. So, I put a call in to Uncle Billy and he came through for us on one condition--I had to wear a Georgia Tech shirt. That seems like no big deal but I come from a family of Georgia Bulldog fans and I went to University of Georgia for one year and Dawg fans don't wear Tech shirts. But--like the sign below says--sometimes we do.

After our lunch we were headed to the mall to do the last of Hannah's birthday shopping and I just kept my shirt on because.....there's a Chick-fil-a at the mall. I also carried the girls' shirts in my purse. We picked up Madi Y on the way to the mall and she brought a shirt too. Shopping was fun and our free sandwiches at the mall hit the spot. After the mall we went to Play it Again Sports to buy a ball glove for Ollie and I so we can practice less painfully with Grace and Joe. Right across the street from the shopping center was a Chick-fil-a. Yes, we stopped again. I was full and so was Grace so we "donated" our sandwiches to Madi's brothers but Hannah and Madi both ate another sandwich! Thank you Chick-fil-a!
Since my day wasn't busy enough I decided to make a big ol' Russian dinner with Hannah's help. She has been studying Russia (Weeks 29 and 30 in My Father's World--only 4 weeks to go!!) and I like to make a meal from whatever country we are studying. The week is going to get busy so tonight was the night. We made Pirozhki (little meat turnovers), Borscht, and cabbage and Russian apple pie (not very pielike at all!). The food was really good. I've never had Borscht before. I always assumed that I wouldn't like it since I don't really like beets but I was wrong. It was really good. Actually, we all liked it. After this busy day I am completely worn out and ready for bed. Unfortunately, my work is not yet done. Hannah bought herself a mix stick today (kind of like an ipod shuffle) and she's waiting for me to help her put songs on it. I'm off to get that started and then I get to go to bed!

7 comments:

Ingle Nook said...

nice! I knew you'd get a few stops in to the Chick-fil-it! Glad you had a great day...miss you guys.

Cristy said...

I cannot believe I forgot about free sandwich day! I probably would have stopped as many times as you did.

I think I may have to make some borscht.

Leisa said...

I think I see a chicken sandwich coming out your mouth... My Grandma would love you she is a tech fan. My grandfather graduated from Tech, so to this day she knows the Tech scores and she is 83! People are football crazy up there, and AL is WORSE! I think because there is nothing else to do...

Well we also did school today, we just ended at 11pm ;)

Lisa said...

Okay, I love your sign. I'm like that about Florida Gator shirts. You won't catch me in one E-V-E-R. It would just be wrong.
Woo-hoo for free chick-fil-a!

Melissa said...

Thanks for taking my girl - she had a wonderful time! Sasha bought a mp3 player yesterday. Craig found some site that you can download as many songs as you want for free for 30 days. Email me if you want details.

Sonya said...

I'm so glad the you got sooo many sandwiches! Had one for me! I didn't make it!

Great note to go w/ your t-shirt.

Cheryl said...

you were definitely chicked out!

A+ for doing a new dinner on top of everything... wow!