Sunday, September 6, 2009

To Do or Not To Do...

...School tomorrow of course.  On one hand, it's a holiday and public school is not in session so why should we be.  On the other hand, we just got started and two of our subjects have lessons that are 5 days long--meant to be completed in a week.  I didn't start them last week with everything else because we had an abbreviated week.  I don't want to wait another week nor do I want to rush through them because we took a day off.  On the other hand, Ollie has the day off so he will be here and everyone knows you can't have a normal day when the hubby is home.  On the other hand, we could just do a half school day--chores and a few subjects.  On the other hand, we could just do regular school on Tuesday instead of our home economics (clean the house and learn to cook) day--that would make up for missing tomorrow.  On the other hand, Ollie will be home to help deal with any uncooperativeness on Joe's part so I could probably get an easy school day out of Joe.  On the other hand, it's Labor Day and I want a break from labor. 

These are the crazy thoughts swirling in my mind tonight.  So, you homeschoolies out there--is it school tomorrow or a holiday for you?  I'll let you know what my day turns out to be.  Right now it's anybody's guess.

7 comments:

Shawnie said...

Call in sick... and Oliie can be your sub!

Cristy said...

Do half a day. We have to do a day and a half because our Tuesday is busy. :( When the clock strikes noon, school over. That's what I want to do, but it won't happen.

crispy said...

I hope to school today. We'll see how my ambitions end up.

Melissa said...

We're in the garden today - putting in some more compost and planting seeds. I talked Craig into staying home at least half the day to help with the digging.

Unknown said...

I say you take all the fingers on all those 'other hands' and do a math lesson!

Julie said...

No school for us today! Free food a Chick-fil-a!!

ann marie said...

what did you decide?