We have finished school, I've tutored, lunched, and helped Hannah with her costume. Now it's time to chillax (my new favorite word) and update the blog and then maybe fit in a short nap before bringing in the laundry off the line and getting ready to go to Joe's game. I'm going to try to take a short nap most afternoons so that I can have the energy to get through the crazy evening with a happy heart. When I get tired I get really, really grumpy. Not fun for the fam nor fair for the fam. How's that for some alliteration? I have a few pictures and things to share so I think bullet points would do nicely...
- First of all, thank you to all of you who commented on my "salt and light" post. I appreciated the encouragement and affirmation.
- My aunt's and uncle's pool has been infested with all sorts of creatures. Only in Florida..



- The reading bug is going around at our house. Hannah has read 4 books in the past week and Grace is almost all the way through her first chapter book. It thrills me to see them reading and enjoying. It's been a long time coming but I finally have kids who love to read! Well, two at least. I hope Joe follows in their footsteps.
- We went to a really cool German restaurant last night. They had fabulous entertainment--two guys who sang, yodeled, played accordion, and various cowbells. They got the whole restaurant involved and we had a blast. One nice older woman even brought Joe a toy accordion to play. Oh yeah and the food was really, really good. I had Weinerschnitzel that was to die for.


- Hannah and I worked on her costume for her next show, "Once on This Island," today. Tomorrow is dress rehearsal so it was time to get ready. She is particularly thrilled with her costume for this show. She plays "Andreya" a wealthy girl also called a "Grand Homme" and so she gets to dress in a beautiful dress. She had a great idea for her hair that I didn't think I could do but I managed it. I think her costume is wonderful but she looks too grown up. Like she's dressed for prom or something.


- Today is Week 1 of our 4 week meal plan. I have Italian Style Meatballs in the crock pot right now and we'll make them into meatball subs right after Joe's game.
- I have found an amazing food blog and I can't wait to try every single recipe once baseball and softball season are over. It's called "Closet Cooking," and the guy makes the coolest recipes. Check it out if you want to freshen up your repertoire of recipes.
8 comments:
I love the pictures of Hannah...so beautiful!! I like you idea of daily naps, maybe I should try that because I am becoming really grumpy in the evenings. Have fun @ baseball tonight. At least it will be cooler than Saturday.
Was the German restaurant Emmy's over in Deland?
Me too - where is that restaurant? In NZ I could buy the Weinerschnitzel cut of meat in the supermarket, but not here. Hannah looks awesome - but I agree, too grown up!
Naps are good...I came home today at 5:00, said I was going to lay down for a bit, and woke at 7:00
I found that site a little while ago - doesn't it make you hungry???
I made his taco pasta recipe and it was really good... I was surprised by how great it tasted.. Have fun cooking!
I am a huge believer in naps! If I was allowed, I would take one everyday!!
And I love that your kids have caught the reading bug! Good for them!! It will serve them well throughout life.
And I love the costume! Beautiful! She looks gorgeous in it!
e German restaurant sounds like fun! Hannah looks great in her costume! Have a great week!
Hannah looks beautiful and way too grown up. Crazy how that happens. We are Olympic champs when it comes to naps. People ask if my kids sleep at night, on time. Why yes, and so do I. Where is that German restaurant? I would love to take my MIL, who is German. And I'm checking out the blog. Whew! That took a bit to comment on. I'm ready for a nap.
Post a Comment