I've got some fish marinating and nothing to do while I wait (HA!) so why not blog. Joe should be thrilled to find fish on his plate tonight. I've given him at least a week off from fish so he really shouldn't complain. It could be much, much worse. And, he got to eat at Friendly's for lunch. Grace finished her bingo card and Hannah and Joe finished theirs last week so the reward when all the cards were done was lunch at Friendly's. I made itthrough the whole meal without even a bite of anyone's ice cream. It was a hard battle of my self control but I won out. No dairy for me!!
Our first day of school yesterday was a complete bust. I was disorganized and a little spastic and Joe and Hannah both had some uncooperative, difficult moments. I even gave my speech about, "I don't have to do this, I could put all of you in school right now." Unfortunately, they know that is an empty threat. Heck, at that point they probably wanted to go to school to get away from me. I got my butt in gear last night and got organized (as organized as I get that is) and feel more ready. Today was home economics day and we just made pancakes and cleaned the house before going out to lunch. Tomorrow will be our "do over" day. I anticipate a much smoother day. At least I know what I'm doing and have looked at the curriculum. I have a list and a plan.
It's raining right now and I just love it, I wish I could lay on the couch (or is it lie?) with a book but instead I need to head to the kitchen and get some dinner made.
Peace out peeps!
3 comments:
I was so organized last week and that is hard for me, but the week went great, it actually was the best week ever of homeschooling and I thought I finally had this homeschooling thing down. Just as I was getting smug and comfortable , Monday morning rolled around and reminded me of why I need to stay organized. It was awful yesterday. When I told Jane I was putting her in school Kate cried, but Jane said, "Kate, you know she doesn't mean that, please!" UGH! How pathetic.
I love these posts from you. Your raw honesty. Thanks for keeping it real.
Missing you these days. =)
Tiff - what did you use for the fish marinade? What fish was that? You lucky duck - living next to a fresh fish source!
Post a Comment