1. I spent almost all day in my pjs. I would have spent the whole day in my pjs but I had to go grocery shopping. Although I love getting a chance to rest I hate having such an unproductive day. Especially when there is so much to do. We had a ridiculously busy week last week so I'm now behind in just the daily stuff.
2. As I was making a menu and grocery list I got really irritable. Over the last year I have learned so much about good nutrition and am continuing to learn. I am thankful for all I now know because it has helped me to significantly reduce my arthritis and foot pain. However, sometimes I wish I could go back to ignorant eating. When casseroles and easy one dish meals were common around here. Now, we are eating mostly vegan because of cutting back on our meat consumption and my dairy allergy. You can't eat vegan and have casserole too. Well, you can but it doesn't taste very good. In the past couple of weeks I've been reading some new food blogs. Food blogs that talk about eating raw and adding chia seeds to everything and so on. I started thinking about changing our diet even more and that's where the irritability came in. I was overwhelmed. So, I decided to just keep eating the way we have for a few months (some sort of vegetable based soup almost every night) and try to make our snacks and breakfasts healthier. That seemed much less intimidating. I will be trying to make my own Lara bars this week and some granola bars as well. Also, I have been drinking green smoothies for a while now but I am going to start having my kids drink some every day as well. It's a pretty tasty way to get in some raw veggies and fruits. It's amazing how much a banana can hide the taste of spinach. Really.
3. My life has GOT to slow down or I'm gonna die. I am going to start having to get serious about choosing to stay home even when there is something amazing going on. When I am out of the house too much I spend more money (on fast food), I get behind in the housework, I eat horribly, and I feel stressed and grumpy.
4. With that said, we are going to Disney again on Monday and we have our regular park day on Tuesday but after that...we are home for the rest of the week! Don't try to invite me anywhere because I'm not going.
5. I wish I was on the Disney cruise that is stuck in the Bahamas. Our Disney cruise was amazing!! I hope I can go on another one someday.
6. I was listening to Alan Jackson earlier tonight while I made dinner and I was wondering if that man is married. Everyone of his songs are about women. If I was his wife I would not be happy. Just sayin'.
7. I am cold and have been cold all day. That's part of the reason I was so unproductive. Being cold just paralyzes me. I don't think I could live up north.
10 comments:
Alan Jackson is married. His wife wrote a book that is in a lot of the Christian bookstores. Can't remember the name of it. :-P
about Alan Jackson...I think he is married and I think his paycheck makes it ok. :) His wife actually recently wrote a book - I didn't read it but I heard it was great.
Kris...you and I must think alike!
To survive in the North I wear slippers and drink hot tea 3 times a day. But today we actually bundled up and walked across a frozen lake for exercise, as crazy as that is... We just ask ourselves all winter, "why don't we live in Florida???"
Anyway, wear your jammies all day-- Joe is in good company now :)
I have the book by AJ's wife...it is very good, but after reading it, I think he should maybe write more songs about his wife :) (but I guess it is about the paychecks)
I understand about the food issues..sometimes (well most of the time) I would like to just be able to eat without worring about what is in it & what it will do to me :). I would love to hear about the Lara bars you are going to make. I love the real thing, but they are just too expensive.
I soo need to stay home more this week too, and yet everytime I read it when you or other friends say that I think, "oh no...no one to hang out with anymore"...in the meantime...see you at Animal Kingdon tomorrow!
Well, from a girl who lives "up north" - it paralyzes me too! All the layers I have to wear to stay warm add about 5 lbs. :) I, like Stephanie, have a hot drink in my hand throughout the day until about 5pm. It may be the same cup reheated over and over, but it is always in my hand. And, the slippers are always on. :) Anyway, hope you enjoy your week!
three words about cold: hazelnut coffee creamer.
also where do i get this Lara bar recipe? the granola bars made with rye flakes aren't really winners around here.
I'll share the Lara bar recipe as soon as I try it and confirm that it is worth sharing.
Post a Comment