Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Zoo School and Strawberry Shortcake

We went to Zoo School at Busch Gardens and our day started off with a train ride through the Savannah area. We saw lots of great animals and some wonderful zebra butts.

After the train ride we went to a show with live animals. It was pretty neat, they had a sloth, flamingos, a couple of snakes, and a lemur. The theme for the day was animal adaptations and that is what they talked about each time we went to a new exhibit. After the live show we went to the tigers and then to lunch. Then after lunch we saw hyenas, gorillas, and a crocodile in their habitats and went to another presentation where the kids saw some other animals close up and talked about their adaptations. All in all it was a good day. By the end the kids were tired and ready to go.



Another one of my finer moments on film. I did make this face on purpose though but I didn't realize just how ugly that face was!!
Here Joe's giving me a hard time because he was tired and ready to go. I decided to close my eyes and pretend I was far, far away while he did this.

This picture (above) was taken at the entrance at the beginning of our day. I love the lion topiary. And below, Joe and Tyler clowning around after lunch.

Here is our leader at a couple of the sites.

Since we were so close we finished our day at the famous Parksdale Farms for their famous strawberry shortcake. Above we are in line, this place is really popular this time of year. After experiencing the strawberry shortcake along with that atmosphere of the place I can see why it is so popular!

The portions are HUGE! And oh so yummy!
I think Joe enjoyed his milkshake although he wasn't cooperating by smiling for me.
Lastly, we all got our pictures taken sitting on the strawberry throne. It was a great end to a fun day with good friends.


The Queen Mothers!

5 comments:

Julie said...

YUMM!!! Now I'm kinda wishing I'd gone! But like you, I am trying to learn how to not do everything!

Leisa said...

Oh PLEASE, please, please make the queen mothers your profile picture!!!

The camera is loving you these days ;)

Debbie said...

I agree with Leisa..LOVE the queen mother picture! What a great day!!:)

Melissa said...

No, I like the zebra butts the best....make them your header picture.

Gabi Bucataru said...

Nice butt... that zebra has! Lol...