Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award


I would like to thank BeckyJoie at "Rather Be Writing" for presenting me with the "Kreativ Blogger" award.  That was very kind of you! 

Here are the rules for the award (and I quote):

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

Okay, so I have to come up with 7 things about myself that people might find interesting...this won't be easy.  I'm not a terribly interesting person but here goes anyway.

1.  Before kids I was a high school math teacher.  I taught for 4 1/2 years, 1 1/2 in Albuquerque, NM and 3 here in FL.  

2.  When I was teaching in Albuquerque I looked very young and taught in a big school and was only there for a year so a lot of students and teachers didn't know I was a teacher.  I had some very interesting experiences as a result of that.  One of them was being asked to the prom.

3.  When I was in elementary school I was a very good speller but very shy and once I was in a spelling bee and I was getting close to winning and it scared me to death so I misspelled a word on purpose so that I could be "out."

4.  I used to fall down on purpose in public just to make myself and friends laugh.  

5.  I named my "adoption doll" Miracle Grace.  I thought it was the most beautiful name ever.  I still think Grace is a beautiful name.  :0)

6.  I love the idea of just vegging in front of the tv after a busy day but whenever I try I can never find anything that I'm interested in watching for more than 5 minutes.

7.  If old sitcoms were on I think I could sit there all night--I love Brady Bunch, Little House on the Prairie, Cosby Show, A Different World, Eight is Enough, etc.

Okay, now I have to present the award to seven bloggers.  This part always gets me in trouble.  I have lots of friends who blog and I can't pick everyone.  Last time I did this I made up a bunch of awards so that all my bloggy friends got awards but I don't think I have the brainpower to do that again.  So, if you are not picked as a Kreativ blogger, know that I love you dearly anyway.

1.  Miss Ladybug's Cottage--this is Ms. Shawnie's blog.  That name might be familiar to those of you who have been reading my blog for a long time.  She was Joe's preschool teacher and it is my opinion that she is the best preschool teacher in all of this area.  Read her blog and I think you'll agree.  She writes about adventures with her baby ducks as well as her busy life.  I love hearing about her good dinners.

2.  Peters Peapod--Cris always has something interesting to write about and she does some fun, creative things with her girls and her family.  Today at 9:09 9/9/09 they did a bunch of little "9" things.  Wish I'd thought of that.  She also throws some great parties (although I've never been to one--she didn't throw cool parties while she lived here--bahhumbug) and can carve a mean letterboxing stamp.

3.  Sonlight Garden--I love Kirsten's blog.  She has 7 children yet manages to make running a big family seem easy.  I love how she brings beauty into her home and she takes beautiful pictures.

4.  Knitting Wannabe--Kris is not just a knitting wannabe, she's the real thing.  Now me,  I'm a knitting wannabe.  I never got past the washcloth.  She makes socks and shawls and dolls (not really but it rhymed).  She also, like the other Cris (but with a C) is a mean letterboxing stamp carver.  Even better than that--she's carving cool stamps based on children's books and planting letterboxes all over town.  I can't wait to do some letterboxing.  I have to read the books with the  kids first though.

5.  One Blessed Mamma--Amy is a fabulous photographer!  She has an amazing eye and takes beautiful pictures.  She also reviews homeschool products on her blog and is very thorough and if she liked it she can make you think you must have it too.  I'm sure they love her at TOS.

6.  Winchester Academy--Julie writes about all sorts of things and it's always interesting reading.  I love her balanced approach to life and parenting.

7.  Monkey Boy Adventures--this is Julie's childhood friend, Cindy's blog.  Even though I've never met Cindy in person I feel like she's a friend and I hope to meet her in person someday (come visit Julie!).  I enjoy reading about her life and all that she does with her son, Tucker.  I also like to hear about the books she's reading.

6 comments:

Ingle Nook said...

You were asked to Prom in Alb?? Really?? That is so funny...I wonder how that young man tells that story now. I'm hurt that I wasn't given the award...just saying! HA~

crispy said...

Very cool !! Thanks for the props.

Leisa said...

I'm crying....

Shawnie said...

Wow!!!! Thanks!!! Now all I have to do is figure out how to do re post...LOL

Cindy said...

Awww! Thanks for the award! I like the subtle hint about visiting Julie! LOL We are planning to come down next summer and I hope to met you then!

Tim and Susan said...

Rah Rah! I think Cris should win...she is super Kreativ!