Wednesday is our only day that we don't have something going on in the early evening so I'm going to thoroughly enjoy my Wednesday! Of course, we have something different going on every Wednesday of the month but it's earlier in the afternoon. I'm slowly getting used to being gone for most of the early evening. I've been forced to think about and prepare for dinner in the morning so that we can eat right when we get home from practice. It's a stretch for all of us but I love watching each of the kids doing something they enjoy. Grace has now had two practices and is already showing progress. Joe has only had one practice and it went well. I really like his coaches and they are really patient with the kids and he is making progress as well. I have done a good job at not making friends. I just take my book and read and watch and read and watch. I was joking with some friends yesterday about this. Someone made the comment that I wasn't going to be spreading God's love at the ball field. I said I'd get a shirt made that said across the back, "If you want to hear about Jesus, just ask!" It may seem odd that I don't want to be friendly and make friends but honestly, I already have plenty of friends and if I have to sit at the ball field for two hours a night 4 nights a week I am going to accomplish something. I don't want to just yap the night away although I am quite good at that, it's my gift actually. :0) I won't bring my book to games though, then I'll be friendly while I cheer my kids' on.
It's still hot here and I'm ready for soup weather! I would love to have a different soup bubbling in the crock pot every day. It is such a tasty way to eat plenty of vegetables and it's easy clean up, low carb, easy to prepare ahead of time and so on. Unfortunately, when you are hot you just don't feel much like eating soup. Maybe in a couple of weeks...
I am thinking that I won't be blogging as much, my blogging time has been cut into big time! If only they had wireless at the ball field. :0)
Oh, and I wanted to blab a bit about couponing...I am really envious of these people getting so much food and other stuff for so little money but I just don't see how I will ever get there. I have collected some coupons but it's got to be more than that. You really have to do your research to see what's on sale where and then do the shopping and so on. I want to do it, I really do but when?? And, I really don't know where to start. At this rate all my coupons will have expired before I've used even one. We could really use the savings at the store though so I need to get on the ball. Any advice for a novice, unorganized couponer?
8 comments:
no advice on couponing. I'm in the non-couponing loser boat too. I would like to get there and just treat it like a job, a way I can contribute to our budget, but I can't commit that kind of time right now.
It is difficult, but for you tiff it wouldnt be too hard because of your diet. You would shave 40.00 off your weekly budget by just doing a few prints. However I Do understand the time factor. I worked all summer getting it down so I just have to devote 1-2 hours a week after the kids go to bed or on Sat. morning to gathering up what I need. As for matching, all that is done for you by the coupon divas. Like southernsavers.com
I check usually once a day on my sidebar to see if I need to print any coupons and then I stash them in a folder until I need them. I found alot of organic coupons and dark choc PB dreams coupons the other day. And the little coupon books publix puts out around the store save you a ton of money!
When Ethan is better come over and let me walk you through a grocery list. I specifically know you would benefit from the buy 1 get 2 free tilapia Q from albies, that you can use for publix.
So get a wednesday paper, and then maybe we can chat Friday or the weekend about your best game plan for saving some money, and not investing alot of time..
Yes, get those buy 1 get 2 Albertsons coupons and use them at Publix!! You do have a gift for gab, those people at the ball park are missing out. :)
I'm half couponer so I feel your pain.
You could get the coupon thing down pat in very little time. I really only do Publix now - that is all I can manage. 2 hours of my time each week is totally worth it when I can shave off an average of $50. You can do it!
Thanks for the coupon advice ladies. I think I will just stick to Publix for now like Melissa recommended. I will definitely take you up on the lesson Melissa! And Leisa--I'll check your sidebar for printables.
Jayce--thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of that. Can I also use the Albertson's $5 off $50 coupon?
You could use your ball field time to coupon. That way, people would be drawn to you to ask you about Jesus (your tshirt says just ask) and coupons. ;-) I'm headed to Albertson's to get the tilapia coupon and use my $10 off $50 or more from Winn Dixie. I love that.
I, too am waiting for cooler weather. I might just do white chicken chili anyway. Our schedule is busy as well, and we have just invested in a crock pot. LOVE IT!
I was going to tie in ball practice with couponing too. Every little bit counts when it comes to couponing.
Post a Comment