
My little guy is 7 years old today!! I can't believe it has been 7 years since he entered our lives. He has been such a blessing. Truly. I didn't say easy, or always pleasant but a blessing nonetheless. He makes me laugh and cry--sometimes daily. When he was born Hannah was 3 and a half, and Grace was almost 2 and I had my hands full. The girls were relatively easy and obedient though. I had it going on in the mom department. If you had a parenting question, you could have asked me, I had read all the books and my girls were proof that I was successful at this mommy thing. Then came Joe...he was a needy baby, he practically lived in the sling. He was happy and sweet as long as things went his way and he was the focus of all of my attention. He moved into the toddler years and the preschool years and I was humbled. I endured many, many embarrassing public displays of his temper and strong will. I cried, I yelled, I listened to people give me advice--lots of advice. I also laughed at this little guy and adored him like you wouldn't believe. He has grown up and matured so much. He still has fits but they are not daily or hourly. Maybe weekly at this point. He is a really great kid. He is loving and respectful and thoughtful. He is friendly and kind and adores his sisters and his friends. He still has a strong will but he has more control over his impulses and his temper and is using that strong will for good. I am proud to be his momma and can say that he is such a blessing to our family. Happy Birthday Joe!!
9 comments:
Just called and talked to that sweet dude! Call me later about his present!
Such a precious little boy! Happy Birthday Joe--
We love you,
Grammy & Pop
Happy birthday, Joe!
Very sweet!
what a great tribute to a special little boy from an amazing mother!!!
How sweet!!! Happy Birthday to Joe!!!
Happy Birthday, Joe!
It was the sweetest thing ever when he reached over the table to hug Jake after he opened his present!
May he continually understand how blessed he is also! Happy Birthday Joe!!
Post a Comment