Saturday, May 10, 2008

Caramel Mocha--yum!


I absolutely love coffee drinks--it is probably my favorite treat. What I don't love is the price of coffee drinks. They are ridiculously overpriced. The other day I was doing some theatre work downtown trying to get donations for our raffle. I decided to treat myself to one of the coffeehouses special--a white chocolate caramel mocha. As I was drinking it and sharing it I realized how easily I could make this. So, when I did my grocery shopping I picked up some light ice cream and caramel--I had everything else. Here is my recipe for a delicious caramel mocha--This makes 4 cups.

3 cups of chocolate milk (or regular milk and chocolate syrup)

approximately 3/4 cup of decaf espresso--brewed then chilled

4 scoops of ice cream


Mix all of that in a blender. Then swirl caramel in the bottom of a cup, pour in the blended drink and top with whip cream and more caramel. It was easily just as good as the coffee shop's. My kids also happen to love coffee so they were thrilled--I never buy them their own coffee drink and only give out one or two tastes when I buy one for myself.


Price in a coffee shop--about $15

Price to make at home--maybe $3 at the most

Weight Watchers points--a million and two (not really b/c I used light ice cream and fat free milk)

Treating my kids--priceless

No comments: