Joe has a new fascination--geography! He is continually asking about different countries--where they are located for example. We have a World map on our dining room wall as part of our decorating theme--elementary homeschool. He will get a stool and stand at the map pointing to place after place asking what its name is. Then he wants to go to the computer and see pictures of it. He wants to know what language the people speak, what food they eat, and on and on. It is great that he is so interested but I have to admit his questions can get tiring. I think the ride at Disney, "It's a Small World" started all this. He asks about every little doll in the place wanting to know where they are all from. The curriculum I'm doing with the girls next year is a year of World Geography--I imagine Joe is going to get as much out of it as they will if this new fascination continues.
I had a Joe funny the other morning--I was exasperated with him after a morning of almost constant whining, bickering, and general irritability. As we were trying to get out the door he started up with more whining about something new and I issued an inappropriate threat. So, by the time we got in the car I was feeling guilty about losing control of my tongue and so I talked to him about it and apologized. He forgave me and then in all seriousness said, "Finally, I've been waiting for a gwown up to get in twouble." He turned my frown into a smile with that one. He makes me crazy sometimes but I adore that kid!
About chess--Ollie has been trying to teach the kids to play chess. So far Grace and Joe are the most interested and he has promised them a dog if they can beat him. They are really trying but haven't come close yet. They are learning to play chess which is something I haven't been able to do very well so the hope of this ultimate reward is teaching them something!
2 comments:
Joe is just too funny!
That is so neat, Joe is going to love Exploring Countries and Cultures!
Post a Comment