Thursday, May 1, 2008
Happy May!
It's finally May!! I love May. I think it is because there is the feeling of something new coming up. School is wrapping up, all the activities are wrapping up. There are end of the year shows and parties and summer awaits. I always look forward to the laziness of summer and the long days of just doing whatever we want, no pressure to do school or anything really. It's hot as blue blazes so really all you want to do is sit in front of a fan or go to the pool. Well, these are always my warm, fuzzy thoughts about summer until it arrives--then it seems that we are running from here to there in a frenzy to participate in every possible summer activity there is. Vacation Bible School, summer camps (occasionally), library programs, you name it we are there! All these activities are fun and we make so many fun memories but in reality we do not really slow down. This year will be a little different though. Hannah and Grace will be going to theatre summer camp most of the day, 4 days a week for 4 weeks. They will be doing Wizard of Oz. Joe will also be doing theatre camp but his is 3 days a week for a half day. So, no more VBS's for us this year. It seems that all the ones we usually go to are during this 4 week period. I will have 2 mornings a week all to myself!! Joe's camp is M,W, F and the girls is M-Th. So, what to do with my mornings alone--you know I already have all sorts of ideas of how to fill those blessed six hours a week. So, summer is coming, I can feel it in the air (and in the sweat in my hair)--just another month or so of school and then it's play time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You crack me up with your lazy days of summer comment! You? Lazy days? No way! :)
Melissa--I had that same thought as I typed it--I can THINK I'm going to have lazy days but we all know I'll find ways to fill it up faster than a two dollar pistol. Then I'll complain that I'm too busy. It's a fun cycle I live in.
I'm having the same feeling, too. Ready for a change.
Post a Comment