Wednesday we got up early and headed to Disneyworld. My brother, his wife, and their son had never been. Joe, Hannah, and I had a great time giving them the grand tour. We started at Hollywood Studios and Hannah took Ryan and Mandy on the Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. I was happy to join Joe and Samuel at the Playhouse Disney show--much more my speed. I went to the doctor on Tuesday for my feet and when I told her I'd be going to Disney the next day she pretty much ordered me to get a wheelchair. I was hesitant but ultimately swallowed my pride--bigger deal than I thought--and rented a wheelchair. Honestly, that was the best thing I've done in a long time. I was able to enjoy the park without putting more stress on my feet. And, we were able to go right to the front of most of the lines. I'm sure it was a pain for Ryan and Mandy to have to push me around but they were good sports. Here are some pictures of our day--
Joe and Samuel are posing with the White Power Rangers--Samuel is a big Power Ranger fan and he was thrilled to meet them.
Aunt Mandy and Joe on Dumbo.
The Mouse himself
We got to go on the Buzz Lightyear ride twice. I don't know how I did it but I scored 120,000 the first time and 300, 000 the second time.
Here's Joe on It's a Small World--he is really into geography right now and spends the whole ride wanting to know what country the scene is from. I have to guess on some but he doesn't know the difference.


Hannah nearly made me vomit on the cars--thankfully, she won't be behind the wheel of a real car for many years to come!
4 comments:
It feels weird in a wheelchair, doesn't it? I've had to do that before, and you just feel...odd.
I'm glad you had a great day, and I am totally impressed with your Buzz Lightyear score!
What is wrong with yourfeet? I must have missed something, somewhere. I hope you are doing ok. So glad you had fun with your family!
I am sure that it was hard to swallow your pride and do the wheelchair. I am glad you had fun and that your feet didn't hurt too much.
I worked at the grand prix one summer. It was lots of fun, but very hot.
Glad you guys had fun.
Post a Comment