Thursday, May 1, 2008

Creamy Herbed Pork Chops

Here's the recipe that got me in trouble the other night.  I always double it because my family likes it so much and we want leftovers.
This is actually Michelle's recipe that she put in our homeschool cookbook.

4 pork chops cubed
1/3 cup grated carrot
1 Tbsp. parsley (I never have this so I always omit it.)
2 tsp. flour  (this time when I made it I used oat flour and it was fine for you gluten free people)
1/2 tsp. tarragon or dill (I never have tarragon so I use dill--I love dill)
2/3 cup cream or milk (this time I used fat free half and half)
2 Tbsp. white wine

Cook the pork in a skillet and then remove from the pan and set aside.  Add the carrot, seasonings, and flour to the drippings.  Add the cream and allow to thicken.  Add wine and return the pork to the sauce and simmer about 15 minutes or so.  Add salt as needed.  Serve with rice.