Saturday, December 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus

We celebrated our annual "Happy Birthday Jesus" party at the park yesterday. It was a wet, potentially stormy day but that didn't stop the 10 or so families that came out anyway. The kids played in the rain and under the pavilions. I'm embarassed to say that aside from one picture of a very wet Nate I have no pictures from the party--only pictures from the running over of the cake. I'm hoping at least one of my friends from the party took some pictures and will e-mail them to me. :0) Every year at the HB Jesus party we give a gift to Jesus. This is usually in the form of adopting a family or bringing toys for Toys for Tots. This year we helped a fellow friend practice James 1:27--"Pure religion is this, helping widows and orphans in their distress." My friend, Cris, is adopting two little boys from Ethiopia and so we collected money to add to their adoption fund. God is using so many people to do mighty miracles in this family's journey to bring these boys home. You can visit her adoption blog here and even donate if you are so inclined. We also read the Christmas story out of a lift the flap children's book (it's tradition) and then had birthday cake. The party always ends with some lucky someone getting the honor of running over the leftover birthday cake. It's a long story as to how this has become a tradition, if you really want to know, ask me sometime. Marcy, my tarantula loving friend, did the honors this year and she rocked it! Enjoy the video!


4 comments:

Ingle Nook said...

nice! I love hearing you laugh while it is happening!

Melissa said...

I totally forgot to stay for this!!! Thanks for the video.

Julie said...

I got a few pictures and they will be up on my blog soon.

Love the video!

crispy said...

It looks like fun. Wish we were there. Thank you so much for your support and love. =)

We are thankful for such wonderful friends.