I am so thankful for a restful day after a very busy and fun, emotion-filled 6 days. I am so thankful for the cruise and the time away to be pampered and have some great fun with the family. I needed it and it's been a hard couple of days for me since we got home. After I got home on Wednesday and returned a phone call I found out that one of my close friends is in the hospital and isn't expected to make it out. Melanie has been fighting Melanoma for 3 or 4 years and things recently have gotten worse but no one knew how bad until she went into the hospital last week for a procedure to remove fluid from her lungs. She quickly went downhill and is in a medically induced coma and they don't think they will be able to wake her up. It has been truly heartbreaking. She has two kids and I am hurting so much for them. So, although we've celebrated Christmas and had some special family time, lots of fun presents, and unbounding joy from the kids there has been an undercurrent of sadness for me. If you are a praying person please pray for Melanie and for her family.
I've really been evaluating my life and the choices I've made with how I spend my time. I have little or no margin in my life. I feel like I am always too busy and overcommitted. Part of that is just the season of life with three kids and homeschooling but I also add a lot to my life and schedule that isn't necessary. When I think about how little time I've spent with Melanie and how little I've done for her over the last 6 months because I was so busy I just ache with regret. I am not usually one to make resolutions but I know that I want to make some changes in my life this year. A new year feels like such a fresh start. I already have some ideas to implement my plan to simplify my life a bit and I am praying for wisdom as I spend some time evaluating the things that take up my time. Well, I've rambled enough...how about some picture posts? I haven't finished talking about the cruise and posting pictures and then of course there's Christmas!
5 comments:
praying for Melanie and her family. Such a sad thing. See you guys in a few days! Yeah!
So sad about your friend - heartache doesn't have a time line that it avoids, does it? I pray that some good can come through her journey and all will be comforted. I hear you about the margin in your day - it is an ongoing struggle for me as well. A lot of times it is a battle of what I want to do vs what I should do, kwim?
Blessings to you as you search for the appropriate path...
I hear you sister, me too. In big ways. Do you have a pic of Melanie by chance? I cannot place her face for the life of me and it's riddling me with guilt!
ok, that is not Jeff. It'sme Steph. I cannot figure out how to get off his account!!
I'm so sorry about Melanie. I am praying for her family.
Post a Comment