Thursday, December 17, 2009

Haul Out the Holly....

After a whole day at home yesterday I am feeling a little more prepared for Christmas and a lot more relaxed. I even did the puzzle above with Grace and Joe. I love puzzles but I especially love Christmas puzzles. I have 4 but I need a new one. I've done those 4 so many times I can practically do them in my sleep. Doing a puzzle is like therapy to me--I just go away to a happy place and it's just me and my puzzle. My mind clears and I relax. Well, my sis wanted to see my Christmas decor so here you go sis--
This is my new favorite Christmas tablecloth, it's thrillingly tacky and I just love it! I think the little white tree with Christmas mice on it sets it off rather nicely. Also, the nativity scene that has been dismantled adds a really nice touch.
When you don't have a mantle a bookcase works really nice for hanging your stockings. As long as you don't want to access the books on the top two shelves for the entire Christmas season.
Our tree!

The piano with lots of decorations including my favorite Jim Shore Nativity scene.
This is our baby tree and the Nativity advent calendar thingy. The kids add a new piece every day.
The kids and I made cut out sugar cookies last night and we will decorate them today. Here's the table before all the fun started.
Nothing like Christmas Karaoke to get you ready to make Christmas cookies!
Fun, but oh so messy!
We went to the holiday concert at Ollie's school the other night. It was such a blessing to see so much joy and excitement about Christmas. For those of you who don't know--my husband teaches trainably mentally handicapped children in a special needs school. We all had a great time. Joe had fun even though his face in the above picture doesn't reflect that.
We are going to have some more Christmas fun today at Aunt Harriet and Uncle Billy's--we are having a baking day including decorating Gingerbread houses.

2 comments:

Deana said...

love your decorations!!! Everything looks so beautiful :)

Ingle Nook said...

love the decor! tacky galore! I wish I could have been at Ollie's school's concert. :) Have fun today...more pics please~!