Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Murphy's Law

So, I mentioned earlier how unmotivated I've been lately when it comes to cooking...

For about two weeks when Ollie gets home I still have  nothing started for dinner nor do I really know what I'm going to make.  I manage to throw something together but it's not what we are used to.  So, today, despite being unmotivated I did make two pots of soup (I love making soup because if I make a big enough pot it lasts for two days and my kids love it).  One just a veggie soup I made up and the other is a Hot and Sour Coconut Soup recipe that I've been wanting to try.  Well, wouldn't you know that today would be the day that Ollie brought home a bunch of good leftovers for dinner from his luncheon at school and he ate so much at that luncheon he's not hungry for dinner.  On the bright side, the soup can keep until tomorrow night and we can probably eat it Friday night too.  

I love soup and luncheon leftovers but do you know what I really want???  Chinese food!!  I haven't had chinese food in months and I've been craving it for about a week now.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hot and sour coconut soup...mmmm...sounds yum.
Let us know what that's like.
I love, love, love soup.
Excited for ya'lls trip on Sunday...you're going to have a blast! Try to record the kids' faces when they find out what's going on. :)