Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pictures and Catch Up

This is show week for Hannah and Joe. They are both in Suessical, Jr. opening Thursday night. We kicked the week off with a short performance at our local Chick-fil-a. The kids sang and danced through some of the songs from the show and we passed out flyers, talked to people, and ate some chicken. All in all it was a great night! I'll post some video in a little bit. I have to post video from a different computer.
Here are some pictures from Light Up Saturday night.




In other news--
  • Despite my determination to keep things calm this holiday season I'm already feeling the pressure. I didn't stick to my "Blitz it Baby" and have allowed myself to think too much about gifts. I bought almost everything on Black Friday but there are some loose ends to tie up before I can wrap, pack it, and send it. I'm working on relaxing and remembering that I have plenty of time. I just want to have an empty to-do list but that ain't gonna happen even if it wasn't Christmas!
  • Good news--my dad is now a full fledged COLLEGE baseball umpire. For all of you non-baseball people out there--this is a big deal so be impressed and excited!
  • Did I mention that this is show week? I love show week but it nearly makes me crazy too. There is a lot of emotional energy as well as time that goes into this week. I'll be drained come Sunday evening but it will all be worth it! I will thank you ahead of time for enduring seemingly unending videos. None of the out of town family (which is all of our family except for Harriet and Billy) will be here this weekend so I want them to see some of the show.
  • I love to cook, I've always enjoyed planning and cooking meals for my family. I never understood when other people would say, "I just never know what to fix for dinner." Well, now I get it. Lately, I am so unmotivated in the meal planning area that I can never decide what to make. Nothing sounds good or exciting. Maybe next week I will do better at this--until then--any ideas for easy meals for this week? Oh and they have to be really healthy. That's the kicker. No tatertot casseroles.
Well, Joe is up and I need to go give him some much needed attention...

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm a moody cook... dinner can be apples and popcorn for all I care sometimes and other times I can happily spend hours chopping the tiniest bits of goodies for salads and such.

Tiffany said...

Apples and popcorn sound like a great dinner idea. Maybe we'll have that tomorrow night. :0)
Throw in peanut butter and cheese and you've got some protein too!

Anonymous said...

What about a frittata? Last night we had taco spaghetti, tonight is chicken parm with fresh marinara. I am not sure about the rest of the week.

Julie said...

Thanks for the pictures, I stole some!

And to Tiffany's out of town family, when are you guys coming to a show...we haven't seen you in a long time!

Ingle Nook said...

Julie....I wish we could come this week but we just can't! Tell everyone to Break a Leg! Tiff...is chicken pot pie healthy? It's super easy! What about chicken in the crockpot? I do a crockpot meal every Tuesday! I cook the chicken and then decide what to do with it when I get home - chicken chili (not white), add BBQ sauce and have BBQ sandwiches (which I hate!), add rice and a side of green beans, add taco seasoning and have chicken tacos! There are some suggestions...might not be healthy enough though. Anything quick and easy = NO HEALTHY! Miss you. I look forward to the videos!

Melissa said...

I'm sick to death of healthy! I say, Tator Tot Casserole for every night this week!

Grammy said...

you go Melissa !! hail to the tater tots!

Unknown said...

I agree! Tater Tot casserole, Hashbrown Casserole, a little Rotel Chicken Casserole and top it off with Creamed Chicken Casserole! Who cares about cholestrol or fat! It's Christmas!