Day 10--Daily Routine
I'm so glad this said, "daily routine," and not "daily schedule." I definitely have a daily routine although it's very loose and changes a lot. Here's how most days go around here--
I get up between 7 and 8. About half the time I start my day with Bible reading and prayer. The other half of the time I start my day with e-mail and Facebook. We usually start school around 9:30 and so from the time I get up until about 9 or 9:30 is when I have my quiet time, get on the computer and check and respond to e-mails, check FB, etc. I drink a couple of cups of coffee and usually eat something for breakfast. The girls make their won breakfast and I make something for Joe. We start school by reading some of the book, "Who Am I," which is Volume 2 of Apologia's Bible study series. We finished Volume 1 a couple of weeks ago. I read for about 15 minutes and then the kids have their own Bible reading time and if I haven't had a quiet time I have mine while they are having theirs. If I have already had a quiet time I may start a load of laundry or prep school or waste time on FB until they are done. Once they are done, I read aloud for another half hour or so. We usually have two books going, one that is historical fiction or a biography and another that is just for fun. Right now we are reading about a boy on an Alaskan whaling ship and All of a Kind Family Downtown. After we read then everyone gets started on school and for the next 4 to 6 hours I teach, help with any issues with school, monitor the kids to make sure they are on task, do various chores and meal prep and planning and clean up. I might leave for a little bit to run an errand but mostly I am home and we are all busy. Two days a week we go to PE right after lunch and then resume school and everything else when we get home. Usually we're done by 2 or 3. I sometimes get a rest at this point but not every day. There is usually some sort of afternoon activity--either I'm tutoring or babysitting or the kids have theatre. On the days that we don't have anything I will usually sit and read for a while which often leads to a nap. Our evenings are spent eating dinner together as a family and then I usually read and the kids play computer games with each other or read or watch Youtube videos, etc. They go to bed around 9:30 and I usually am in bed by 10 or 10:30, always reading before I go to sleep unless Ollie and I watch a movie. And that is my day!

No comments:
Post a Comment