The last couple of Blog Challenge posts have been a little boring so I'll break the boredom by doing an iPhone photo dump post. Above, is a picture of my new sunglasses that I'm in love with. I almost didn't buy them because they were a little expensive but I had a coupon so I decided to splurge...then I got to the cashier and they were on sale! Plus I had a coupon so they were cheap, cheap, cheap! And, they are pretty awesome.
Last Thursday was Pi Day, 3/14. We decided to take advantage of our Science Center passes we recently got and spend Pi Day at the science center. They had advertised that they would be having Pi Day activities but the ONLY Pi Day activity we saw was free pie in the cafeteria. We still had fun and Amanda, Landon, and Dawson joined us as well.
We got home and the only Pi Day activity we did at home was make chicken pot pie for dinner and eat store bought pie for dessert. It was a pretty good day.
Nothing much to say about the picture above except that I like it.
Saturday morning the theatre kids did a car wash at our local Sonic. They washed cars and themselves. There was a whole lot of shenanigans going on but they had fun and made money too.
The other exciting news around here last week is that the next show was cast and my kiddos all got great parts--I think this is the first show ever where they all got leads and everyone was happy. It made being the mom much easier. Grace is Gertrude, one of the lead girls. She loves Horton the Elephant but he doesn't really pay any attention to her until she finds his dust speck. Joe is JoJo, the little boy who has big "thinks," and dreams up this story. He is also a Who that lives on the dust speck that Horton is protecting. Hannah is the Cat in the Hat and is sort of a narrator and pops in and out of the show the whole time. They are all very excited and I can't wait to see the shows!
Saturday night, after the car wash, there was a Donor Appreciation event at the theatre and the kids had to get all gussied up and be servers. They had fun!
Today we went to a theatre in Orlando to see "The Cat in the Hat," with some fellow homeschoolers and some theatre friends who were on Spring Break. We got there a little early and since the Science Center is right next to the theatre we went there for an hour before meeting some friends for a picnic. Hannah and Joe's friend, Jonah joined us for the day. He played Hannah's love interest, Nathan Detroit, in the last show and is Grace's love interest in this show, Horton.
Today is the beginning of spring break here and I couldn't be happier! I need a break...and we get a long one. A week with Ollie off, then a week with my sister here, then Ollie's brother and his wife and my new niece, and then the girls go to Chicago for a week. Woohoo! Some school will have to be done over the next three weeks but not this coming week. We are taking a full spring break for the first time ever!
1 comment:
Great pics! Jake has the same shirt as Landon in the pie pic!!
Post a Comment