Thursday, March 7, 2013

Random Thoughts...Catch Up Edition

So, I know I haven't blogged in at least a week except to share some Youtube videos...which I hoped you watched...but I'm going to be blogging a lot today.  I am taking a 31 Day Blog Challenge but I'm already 5 days late.  I just saw this today on One Blessed Mamma's blog though and it sounded fun.  Today is the first day in well over a week that I haven't had a lot of extra things to do in addition to school and housework.  Yay!  Last weekend was wonderful, "Guys and Dolls, Jr." was a great show with a great message!  In case you're not familiar with the story--it centers around a floating crap game and a Mission that wants to save these gambler's souls.  There are a couple of love stories thrown in, including one between a gambler, Sky Masterson and a "mission doll."  In the end Sky bets all of the crapshooters and they lose and have to go to a mission meeting.  It ends with all of these gamblers singing the Mission song and then Sky preaching on the streets.  One of my favorite lines is when Sarah, the "mission doll" is upset and wants to quit and one of her fellow missionaries says to her, "where do you want to go, somewhere all the sinners are respectable and well behaved?" I love that!  Also, at the prayer meeting where all the gamblers show up, it is revealed that the only reason they are there is because Sky "rolled them against their souls" and they lost.  The Commander says, "How wonderful!  This just goes to show that good can come from evil."  I love that attitude of love as opposed to judgement. All of the kids did a great job and made for a very entertaining show.  I have tons of pictures I'd like to share eventually as I get caught up.
So, that whole first paragraph was written yesterday morning while I was still feeling optimistic about my day.  Having mostly a day at home to catch up quickly became very overwhelming when my brain was allowed to think about all that I actually needed to catch up on.  When I get really busy I sort of don't allow my thoughts to go to everything that needs to be done in my life.  I just settle on the most immediate and do what I can do.  When I took my brain out of that mode and looked around me I went into semi-panic mode.  I got very grumpy, drank too much coffee, and had to talk myself down by reminding myself of all of my blessings and how we are all healthy and that life is not bad because you have a long to do list and so on.  I guess I could say that I had a productive parent-teacher conference....that sounds better than talking to myself.  I had a productive day but haven't made a dent but I'm not stressing about it.  One day, one task at a time.  I wasn't in the mood to blog yesterday but I'm feeling better this morning so plan to knock out some of those March Challenge blog posts this morning before I get the girls up.  We've gotten into the habit of letting them sleep until 9 or 9:30.  Joe and I have a quiet morning on our respective computers and then we wake the girls up and start our day.
We have about 2 and a half more weeks before life gets super crazy around here for about a month--people coming and going and spring break and all that fun stuff.  I'm looking forward to it all, just need to get lots of school in before we hit that last week of March.  We are having a good school year so far and are making very good progress but there's still so much I want to do!  That's always the case with me, very ambitious with everything and then reality hits and we become average again.  :0)  Okay, I'm off to make coffee and then I'll be back with lots of posts!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Just catching up on your blog while I wait for Jonathan to get home. My computer isn't working (I'm on my phone), so I hadn't seen all these posts until now. Very fun!!