Day 3--What makes you happy?
This is a loaded question. A lot of things make me happy. Particularly if we're speaking of happy as the fleeting feeling that we get as opposed to the deep down feeling of joy. If you're a christian and have been one for a while you know just what I'm talking about because the two are often compared. Here's a short list of what makes me happy--
That first cup of coffee in the morning.
Sleeping well all night (as I've gotten older I do not always sleep well....)
A really productive school day where I feel like I really taught something.
Reading aloud a good book to my kids.
Hamburgers and french fries
Dark Chocolate
Walking through a library and choosing a bunch of new books based on their cover.
A smile from Ollie.
Feeling God's presence.
Listening to Grace sing "Wizard and I" during family karaoke.
Listening to Ollie and Joe sing "Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better" during family karaoke.
Listening to Hannah sing "Love is a Battlefield" during family karaoke.
Having dinner made in the morning so I don't have to think about it the rest of the day.
Seeing any of my children reading a book that I haven't told them they have to read.
Getting real mail.
A fully finished to do list (haven't seen one of those in a long while).
Clean sheets.
Sleeping well all night (as I've gotten older I do not always sleep well....)
A really productive school day where I feel like I really taught something.
Reading aloud a good book to my kids.
Hamburgers and french fries
Dark Chocolate
Walking through a library and choosing a bunch of new books based on their cover.
A smile from Ollie.
Feeling God's presence.
Listening to Grace sing "Wizard and I" during family karaoke.
Listening to Ollie and Joe sing "Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better" during family karaoke.
Listening to Hannah sing "Love is a Battlefield" during family karaoke.
Having dinner made in the morning so I don't have to think about it the rest of the day.
Seeing any of my children reading a book that I haven't told them they have to read.
Getting real mail.
A fully finished to do list (haven't seen one of those in a long while).
Clean sheets.

1 comment:
Ditto ditto ditto!
Post a Comment