Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's Happening...

We have a break next week...spring break.  Ollie is on spring break and I've decided to give the kids a full spring break with no expectations of any school work being done (unless they don't finish this week's work...).  I have a week off, Ollie will be home, only one theatre class next week and I don't think all of my kids have to be there.  Soooooo.....I am thinking about all that I can get done.  Every time I get a "break" from normal life I fill it up completely with all sorts of projects.  Or, more realistically, I make a big list, get completely unmotivated, and then beat myself up for not getting anything done.  Here's what's on my mental list so far--

  • Catch up on the scrapbooking that I almost finished back in January.  I have probably an hour's worth of work to do but it remains undone...cluttering the living room.  
  • Make a photo book on Shutterfly.  Just got an e-mail today saying they are giving me a free 8 by 8 book but it needs to be made by Tuesday.  This is how I get a lot of my photo books--sales and free ones. 
  • Clean the WHOLE house top to bottom.  
  • Help Ollie in the yard and get it back into shape.  Ollie's brother and his wife are coming in early April and Ollie's brother hasn't been here in at least 10 years or more and she has never been here.  I told Ollie the other night that we cannot let them know how out of control we let our house and yard get.  We have to clean everything and make everything look nice before they get here.  
  • Drive the kids here, there, and everywhere and maybe host a playdate or two.
  • Play some of those games we got at Christmas that we haven't had time to play.
  • Move the microwave cart and retrieve the lid to my sugar bowl and clean out the piles of dust and crap.
  • Read
  • Rest
  • Relax
  • Watch tv
  • Cook a good meal or two
  • Walk downtown with the girls
Yep...it's happening.

1 comment:

Cristy said...

That's a great list! When you're done with yours, will you come finish mine?