Monday, March 11, 2013

31 Day Blog Challenge...Day 11

Day 11--the last book you read

Well, this is easy, I love to talk about books I'm reading.  I just finished, No One You Know by Michelle Richmond.  It was good, not amazing but definitely a good story.  For the last month or more I have not allowed myself to go to the library and choose books.  I forced myself to read every book on my night stand that had been waiting for me forever.  I have this thing, if I own a book, I never end up reading it because I feel like I could read it at anytime.  Instead, I continually pick up books at the library that look interesting and so I never get around to the ones I own.  It took me too long but I am almost finished with the books on my bedside table.  I have one more but I allowed myself a trip to the library the other day and so now there's a big stack waiting for me and they are all due in 3 weeks so I can't read the one I own yet.  See how it works?  Last Wednesday I was in a mood....a bad mood, an agitated mood, an "I just can't settle down" mood.  On Wednesday afternoons my kids go to theatre and I have alone time at a coffeehouse across the street.  I normally love it and the two hours breeze by.  Well, not last week.  The guys in the kitchen were talking loud and were distracting.  The wi-fi wasn't working so I couldn't use my computer.  I had just started a book I had borrowed from a friend, and I was having a hard time getting into it.  I was just out of sorts.  I thought about going back into the theatre but there might be other moms there and I couldn't stand the thought of having to talk to someone.  So, I drove to the library, and I wandered the aisles for about half an hour and chose about a dozen books almost solely based on their covers.  It was therapeutic.  My anxieties were gone, I was calm and at peace and was excited to get started reading my stack of books.  All of them are mindless fiction and that's exactly what I need at this point in my life.  The first book I chose was No One You Know and I finished in just a couple of days.  It was about a girl, Ellie, who's sister had been murdered 20 years before.  The killer had never been found and through a turn of events Ellie decides to start investigating and ultimately solves the case.  The sister that had been murdered was a mathematician so there was some math theory thrown in which I liked.

No comments: