Tuesday, March 12, 2013

31 Day Blog Challenge...Day 12


Day 12...Something that you miss...


 I miss playing at the park with my kiddos when they were little.  I took the two little guys I babysit to the park yesterday.  It was a beautiful afternoon, the weather was just perfect.  It was relaxing for a few reasons--I wasn't trying to multi-task...it took all of my attention to keep up with the two of them and to let them explore.  Also, they didn't talk to me.  Not that I don't enjoy talking to my children but so much of our time together involves talking and thinking and guiding, advising, holding my tongue, feigning interest (sometimes), and of course listening and responding.  It was nice just to be there, overseeing and helping but not having to really think too much.  It made me miss the days when parenting was so much simpler, more physically exhausting, but overall, simpler.

3 comments:

ann marie said...

Cute pics. I miss those days too.

Anonymous said...

So true, so true

Julie said...

Yesterday Madi and I took L and D to the park and boardwalk and we walked on the train tracks, L did an awful lot of talking though, " hold on to my shirt, we're a train", "blow your horn", "Not that way, like this!" And a lot of "what's that?" And "why?"