We went to a really neat presentation at a local library today. It was all about Laura Ingalls Wilder--her books and her life. She had pictures from all of the different historical sites as well as photos of the family. The girls were surprised to see that Mary wasn't the beautiful blonde that she was on tv and that she had never married. The woman presenting was very knowledgeable and could answer questions about what was fiction and what was really happened. Then at the end they had some old fashioned candy and other desserts. I was glad to be off my gluten free diet. They had some wonderful cherry cobbler. The girls and I have been reading the books for years. We usually read one and then take a break and read some others and then read the next one. We are almost done with Little Town on the Prairie and then we have two more to read. They've really been fun reads--well most of them. Farmer Boy and the Long Winter got a little long but the others have been great.
2 comments:
Sorry we missed this one. We have enjoyed the books too. Not the shows from TV. I don't think the girls have ever seen one.
Um.....I believe a certain pastor's wife once told me she was a descendant of LIW. I believe this conversation took place nearly 20 years ago so....don't quote me. :-)
Post a Comment