Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day Three of Rest-My-Foot-Week

I didn't post yesterday because I had nothing to post.  I honestly have nothing to post today either but I'll try to think of something.  So, I've been sitting in the chair in the living room for three days now.  This should be a dream come true.  I love to read so you would think I would be reading like crazy and plowing through book after book.  NOT SO.  For some reason I can't get into reading much at all.  I did finally finish a book yesterday, one I had been reading for well over a week.  I usually finish a book in a week at most but I just haven't been as into reading as usual lately for some reason.  I got a bunch of DVDs from the library last week in preparation for this and none of them are all that interesting.  I have almost finished my timeline though.  And I did half of one of my new puzzles today, it's a hard one but fun.  I've played lots of cards with the girls.  We are all really in to Phase 10 now.  For some reason I thought the girls would be too young to really get it but I was wrong.  They are both loving it.  We will be taking it next week on our trip.  I think the fam will really get into it.  I do have good news to report though--I have walked a little and my ankle is really feeling a lot better.  I think I'm on the mend.  I'll definitely continue my foot rest until Friday and then take it easy next week.  I'll have a good excuse to be really lazy on vacation.  :0)  Ollie's mom is bringing me a few good mysteries.  Hopefully I will be back to my normal reading self.  We started packing today.  We are only taking carry on luggage so it didn't take long.  Each child packed a bag with about 4 outfits.  Did you know that you have to pay for every bag you check?  I think it's $15 or $20 per bag.  Crazy!  So, we are packing light.  There is a washer/dryer there so we should be okay.  It's actually nice to not have to try to bring everything we might possibly need.  We are just going with the basics.  
Well, that is truly all I could think of to write.  BORING!!!  Sorry.  Maybe I will spend my day tomorrow trying to think of a good blog post.  I can always think of blog post ideas when I'm not at the computer.  I'll end with a question and everybody has to comment and give me something fun to read.  
What is your absolute favorite snack?  Not meal--snack.

14 comments:

ann marie said...

First, not boring. We are headed out of town too so this was a wake up call to actually start thinking about what we need to bring. We are just doing the carry on too. Saves time and money.
Second, I like the question. Favorite snack? A bowl of fresh fruit! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I wish that were true, but it's not. I have two favorites, one is sweet and one is salty. The sweet one is a soft tortilla shell, buttered, then sprinkled with cinn. sugar, then spread with mashed bananas, then rolled up and dropped in hot pan and fried until it's just oozy with sugary goo, with whipped cream of course. After that I need something salty. I'm one of those people who always needs something salty after something sweet, so after that banana roll thing I would need a slice of very good cheese, something like fresh mozzarella melted over tomato. Oh boy, I'm hungry and I can't wait to see what other people write.

Steph C. said...

Warm tortilla chips with a really flavorful hot salsa.

Lori said...

Chocolate ice cream - it's my favorite bedtime snack.

Anonymous said...

Your post is not boring. It is wonderful to see that you are getting some much needed rest.

My favorite snack is strawberries, bananas and red grapes mixed together or cucumbers, tomatoes and feta drizzled with a little evoo and sea salt. Yum.

Cheryl said...

Yeah... I was hoping we'd hear from you again soon! bah! boring... sheesh

Yikes... I didn't realize each bag was separate.

I'd like to say all of the above! and it would be true but you said absolute fav so right now in this thinking moment I would have to say Publix Chocolate Trinity ice cream.

Lisa said...

Mini Milky Way Dark candy bars followed by potato chips covered in ketchup. Yummm.....

Grammy said...

My all time favorite snack is
buttered popcorn with a chunk of sharp chedder cheese, a kosher dill pickle and a coke!!You can also melt the cheese with the butter and pour it all over the popcorn!!yum yum

Okley my dog likes buttered popcorn better than dry too!!

I love reading other folks favorite snacks. I like the rolled fried banana with whipped cream treat!! Might have to try that one.

Love, Mom

crispy said...

OK...as for the bags, you must be flying one of those discounted airlines. When ever Chuck flies Allegiant air he never checks a bag or eats or drinks anything (you have to pay for that too) and doesn't choose a seat (that also is a charge).

As for staying off your feet, I am proud of you. Good job.

As for snack, I have to have a good sweet to salty ratio. I love homemade popcorn and cheese. I love cheese. And snacking is always better with a friend. =)

Ingle Nook said...

my favorite snack...spicy nuts! or cheese and crackers.

About the bags...just double check, but I think each passenger can check 1 for free or that is what it was for us with Airtran. If it weighs too much..you pay! Just FYI.

Emily said...

I just saw on the news that NASA is paying people to be on bedrest for 90 days, so you could be doing this and getting paid!

I'm glad your ankle is showing improvement.

My favorite snack is Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream with caramel drizzled over the top.

Peaches and Cheese said...

Tiffany,
You don't have to pay for the first bag. Everyone who has a ticket can check one bag. Each additional bag is $20. I know this because we just got back and the couple in front of us was none too pleased about having to pay for his additional bags.
Have fun and pack some warm clothes (the evenings in north Wisconsin are cold).
Love,
Jessica

Julie said...

Favorite snack?...too many to choose from, I guess I'd say buffalo chicken dip or taco dip if we are talking non sweet. For sweet anything chocolate. For sweet and salty together popcorn and M & Ms. I've already told Jake we'll have this every Friday, just like they did in preschool. Also I 've taken to mixing peanuts with my M &Ms, I feel like it is a little healthier that way, as opposed to just eating M&Ms alone by the handfull!

atotallydifferentperson said...

I have a weird obsession w/ Oatmeal Squares. I just finished eating some, actually.

Smith Schoolhouse said...

i like almost any snack you can think of!