Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Random Thoughts

Thank you to everyone for all the great advice.  I think I have a plan now.  For Hannah's room specifically.  Step 1--take everything out of her room and sort it.  Step 2--Give away some stuff and put away (temporarily) most everything else.  When she is able to consistently keep her room picked up she can earn back what has been put away.  I have a feeling that most of it won't be missed.  And of course, a designated time each day for a room pick up and check.  I really can't wait to get started so I think I'm going to do it as soon as I'm done with this post.  I am also going to go with the bulletin board idea and a clear tote for special things.  
One question--it sounds so simple to make and follow through with chore charts.  Why oh why can I not do this??????  My goal for myself is to do this and follow through.  How hard can it be?  
Yesterday we were playing a charades game and the thing I had to act out was "wristwatch."  I pantomined looking at my wrist and wondering what time it was.  Hannah yelled out clock and phone but could not get "watch."  Wow.  I guess watches are old-fashioned.  I know plenty of people wear watches but I don't and neither does my husband.  If we need to know what time it is when we are out we just look at our phones.  So, she didn't even think of a watch.  Crazy.
I went to Barnes and Noble today to spend my $30 gift card.  I LOVE books but when faced with a huge bookstore I cannot decide how to spend my money.  I am very thrifty so I knew if I was going to spend this money it had to be on something that I would want to have forever.  I generally just borrow books from friends or the library and never read a book twice.  So, what did I get?  Two puzzles and I treated the girls to a special Starbucks Frappucino with the remaining.  Not terribly exciting but I can't wait to do the puzzles.  I think I will take one on vacation.  It's always fun to talk and catch up over a puzzle.  What vacation you ask?  We are going to an island on Lake Superior and meeting Ollie's family there.  A week of fun in the sun with the fam.  I don't know about everybody else but we can't wait.  The highs will probably only be in the mid-70s unless they have a heat wave.  
I think that's it for now.  Sorry for the boring post!

3 comments:

crispy said...

When will you be gone? I wanted to see if you were up for the LB event.

Hope the cleaning and sorting went well.

Cris

ann marie said...

You aren't boring. I wish you luck. It sounds like a plan and that is the best thing to get you going...a plan. I never seem to have one and maybe that's where I am lacking. Good for you. Keep us posted.

Randi Sue said...

I don't like to buy new books either. I feel like it is such a waste of money, when I can get most books through the library.