Besides the obvious holiday--tomorrow is also my blogiversary. I went back today to see what day I started it and it was July 4th. I had a post about Joe not wanting to wear the goofy looking shorts I had had a friend make for him. I can't believe I've been doing this blog thing for that long. Crazy. And fun. I would love to have my blog made into a book. I think it would be crazy expensive though. I think I have almost 500 posts.
So, I got a bee in my butt tonight (or is that bonnet?) and started cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. Actually it was more of decluttering. I tackled the kid's rooms. They do a decent job of keeping them picked up but once a month or so I go in and overhaul the room. I organize, throw away a lot of "trash" and sometimes get rid of stuff. It took me about an hour on Grace and Joe's room. I don't think I've really cleaned their room in a couple of months. It was pretty bad. Then I tackled Hannah's room. I also did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and took down the curtains in the kitchen and bathroom and have them washing. When I sat at the computer for a short rest I mentioned that I had to get as much done while I was in the mood to clean as I could because who knew when I'd feel like doing it again. He made the comment that I used to be more consistent. He is so right. I used to have a great system. It worked for me for a few years. The house never really got out of control like it does now. Now, I go for weeks and hardly do anything and then in a whirlwind, clean like crazy. I'm hoping with the putting aside of my hobbies and projects I can focus on the house a little more. Maybe come up with a new system. My kids can do a lot to help now so I can include them in my new system. For today though, I can go to bed satisfied that something got accomplished today. Oh, and I seem to be back to my more positive self, I think. Whatever.
Happy Fourth!
6 comments:
I bet you the cleaning helped put you in a happy mood. It must have been something in the air because I spent the day cleaning and felt sooooo good. I usually clean the basics and let the big stuff go so it was one of those clean under the couch days. It feels so productive and when it looks this clean I think "Oh, I'll never let it get dirty again." Hah! You think I would learn not to say that. Oh well, I'm glad you got a lot done. And congrats on your anniversary
Happy Blogiversary! I've loved reading for the past year... :)
Happy Blogiversary to you! I used to be better at cleaning also. I straightened up before we went on our vacation because I didn't want to come home to a messy house. As soon as we brought all our stuff in though it wasn't clean anymore. It has been almost two weeks since we got home and I still haven't put everything away. If you come up with a new system, please tell us about it. I need a new system.
Happy anniversary! I love reading your blog.
Happy blogiversary (did I spell it right???)
Happy blogiversary! It is ironic that your first post was about Joe not wanting to wear shorts that a friend of yours made, over the past year you've become a good seamstress and now you'd be the one making the shorts (but Joe probably still wouldn't want to wear them!)
Post a Comment