Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mom, You Can Leave Your Shower Shoes at Home

My house has really been a wreck lately and I have not been in the cleaning mood. My mornings have been busy and the afternoons are just too hot and the evening is family time. My mom comes tomorrow and I warned her that more than likely the house would be a mess. She asked, "Do I need to bring my shower shoes?" My answer was , "yes, just in case." Well, two Dr. Pepper's at dinner has really helped to light a fire under my big butt and put me in the mood to clean. I love to clean when the house is quiet and I can do it completely uninterrupted. So, I"ve uploaded videos and cleaned for the last 2 going on 3 hours. I've cleaned the kitchen sink and the counters (haven't done the counters in at least 3 months) and the top of the stove. I've decluttered my kitchen table and the living room and finally cleaned out my second junk drawer. I did the first about a month ago. I can't remember if I've posted about the great junk drawer organizers I got or not. I went to Target one night for soap or something like that and ended up coming home with about $50 worth of organizational stuff--baskets, plastic three drawer cart things, and my favorite find--junk drawer organizers complete with little sections and everything. So, with receipt in hand I humbly told Ollie what I had done finishing with, "I have the receipt, I can return it if you think I spent too much." He was okay with everything except--the junk drawer organizers. My favorite purchase. I was bemoaning this to my sweet sister later the next day and she said--don't take them back. I'll send you a check for them and that can be your birthday present. I couldn't have been happier. And, she actually did send the check! We are forever doing what she and my mom call "high financing." We say we'll send the money and forget until the other owes us money and then we start with--you owe me $25 from last year when I bought dad the Father's Day present but now I owe you $28 so just buy me a coffee next time I'm in town and we'll call it even. I really doubt we are ever even. I know I am always forgetting to send her money when I tell her I will. Anyway--my drawers are now organized. I think I'm going to tackle the Florida room--just a quick pick up and it's off to bed. I will be so happy to wake up to a clean house. Nothing better! I know caffeine is terrible for me and I really should stay away from it but I love being able to get so much done once everyone is in bed. The morning will be rough though, but my house will be clean!

1 comment:

ann marie said...

I have a way of going into Target and buying more than intended. I actually can't really go in too much any more because it may have led to the demise of my marriage. Also, I too love cleanng when everyone is in bed. Right now there is a stash of stuff on top of my fridge and I HATE that. It grosses me out for some reason, so maybe tonight I'll o.d. on the caffeine and get it done.