We did it, I survived and have some really cute, "green" ornaments to boot. I didn't even have to candy bribe myself. Most of you know that I am NOT a planner so I really wasn't completely sure what we were going to do this morning. I just knew I couldn't spend any money so I had to use whatever we had. I went searching through crafting stashes and found some wooden photo ornaments that I bought last year and we never painted as well as some I had painted and never put photos in. I found a bag of previous year's Christmas cards, some circles I had cut out of card stock a few years ago for a project, and some ribbon. While the kids painted the wooden ornaments I traced and cut out Christmas trees, candy canes, bells, and candles from cereal boxes. Then they painted and glittered those. After that messy project was done I gave them the circles and the old Christmas cards and they cut out pictures from the cards and glued the onto the circles. A few hole punches and ribbons later and we have ornaments!
9 comments:
They are beautiful. It looks like everyone was having fun. I think I'm getting the Christmas spirit!
Maybe I should go home a bake cookies! Or NOT
You guys are fast:) They look great!
they are wonderful!! I even clicked to get the big picture to look at them... tell your guys they did an awesome job!!
Beautiful! I'm going to copy your cereal box idea :)
Nice job!
SOOOO cut! These are really getting good...I better get one. I still love last year's! I'm back blogging so get it on over there for fairy picks. ;)
we get it...you have ornaments! now post something new! he he, i am feeling rather obnoxious tonight :)
oh, by the way, I know Steph thinks these are so CUT, but I think they are so CUTE! Come on now, I just told you I was feeling rather obnoxious so I absolutely HAD to make this comment. Okay, I ahe more blogs to read and be obnoxious on.
Very crafty!
Post a Comment